Monogram Cake Topper

Decorating By chefbetty Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 1:51pm by chefbetty

chefbetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbetty Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 3

Hello all,

I am a new poster to the forum and this my first professional cake. I am making a cake for a Sweet 16, the mother originally told me they were getting the cake topper. They called me today and asked if I can find the topper for them. Any ideas on where I can the R & J monogram cake toppers really inexpensive. All suggestions would be appreciated.

Chef Betty icon_smile.gif

2 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:09am
post #2 of 3

There are lots of options out there. Purchased pre-fabricated ones can be made from wood, acrylic, metal, etc. You can probably find simple wooden letters from your local craft store. (I had a bride made some for a little cake, see below.)

Other options should include your client purchasing her own. A lot of customers of mine go to www.topperswithglitz.com (Pic attached here of a wedding cake I did with those.) They are NOT cheap, but clients can use them as keepsakes in shadowboxes or as Christmas tree ornaments after the event too. thumbs_up.gif Usually I get a client to buy theirs and give it to me to use. I don't go out and buy one for them, especially if they have to choose their own font/colours, etc.

Really inexpensively? Make them from cookies on sticks or gumpaste letters on sticks, stuck into the top of the cake. (Pic below as well.) I've even see really crafty people bend pipe-cleaners into letters and numbers for toppers, pretty cute! icon_smile.gif
LL
LL
LL
LL

chefbetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbetty Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:51pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you I will try that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%