Lime Green

Decorating By sdaij5 Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm by Win

sdaij5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdaij5 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 15

I need to make a cake and the colors she is wanting are very bright. She is wanting like a lime green, an electric blue, an almost hot pink, a very bright yellow. The yellow and pink I know I can do...but how do you come up with a lime green? Or an electric blue?

14 replies
KerriSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KerriSue Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 15

I make lime green with leaf green and bright yellow.

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 15

Lime green, I'd say leaf green and then add some yellow. Electric blue - Not sure!! I know I've seen Neon colored food coloring in the baking section at Walmart/Giant Eagle. Not sure if those would help or not! Good luck!

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 15

electric green by americolor is a fantastic lime.
diane

heartofoklahoma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartofoklahoma Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:31pm
post #5 of 15

sdaij5, hi I am needing the same colors. The leaf green and bright yellow I am going to try. So how do you get the hot pink?

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:35pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegore

diane

They also have electric blue, electric pink, electric yellow, along with the electric green. These are very bright colors!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:36pm
post #7 of 15

depending on what you are coloring and the amount they make a liquid food coloring in neon, green, blue, pink, violet. I use the green paste and a little of the yellow paste for most neon green usuages. I had some, I think Americolor blue at work that I liked but I don't work there anymore to check. Good luck.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:45pm
post #8 of 15

Americolor has a whole line of "electric" colors. Those can be ordered.
http://www.americolor.org/SoftGelPaste.html

http://www.americolor.org/ColorBlendingChart.html (This is a color blending chart)

If there's not enough time to order then try:

A neon pink will be hard to achieve but you might try red and rose together then lighten with small amt. of white. Lime greens and electric greens are as described... leaf and lemon. Your bright yellow might be okay with just using a lemon yellow food gel. The blue might be achieved by using six parts of sky blue to one part pink. Parts are equal amounts such as drops if using a gel in a drop bottle or if you are using a Wilton type jar and dip a toothpick, it would be six of the same amounts on a toothpick to one same amount of pink on toothpick.

Hope that helps!

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:47pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda19

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegore

diane

They also have electric blue, electric pink, electric yellow, along with the electric green. These are very bright colors!

ditto....you definitely need to check out the Americolor electric line. I have all of them and they're fantastic colors. thumbs_up.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:48pm
post #10 of 15

The Lime Green i got was from using *Apple Green* Petal Dust from Carolines Sugar Art Services.
Food Grade Safe.
Used about i level teaspoon of the powder to colour 3 kilos of Pure White Regalice (thats the type of Fondant i use)
Took about 30 minutes to get a good blend - then let it sit overnight wrapped in plastic wrap - just on the kitchen bench - so as the colour had time to fully develope.

** You can see how *lime* it is if you click on my photos and see the Mardi Gras Cake i posted today.

Hope that Helps.

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:58pm
post #11 of 15

this is americolor's "electric blue". i didn't think it was very neon-y (i am sure that is not a real word, lol), but it was very pretty.
diane
LL

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:01pm
post #12 of 15

I just made a hanna montana guitar and I needed electric lime green...I did a basic normal americolor green, airbrushed and then added on top of that a basic yellow....it came out BRIGHT icon_biggrin.gif
ITS IN MY PICS...

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:09pm
post #13 of 15

side bar, what do you use white coloring for? Is that like whiteout? Please god, let it be like white out cause that would be AWESOME!

maddiseeyore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddiseeyore Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:19pm
post #14 of 15

I just made a cake with lime green accents and I used Betty Crocker Neo Gel Colors. I can't remember where I got it, but the colors are very bright and it turned out really nice!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Quote:

side bar, what do you use white coloring for? Is that like whiteout? Please god, let it be like white out cause that would be AWESOME!

umm... No. It won't obliterate a mistake. Sorry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%