Scroll Pattern Around Cake Boarder

Decorating By jayla Updated 3 May 2009 , 4:25pm by becklynn

jayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayla Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 10:09am
post #1 of 7

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to pipe scrolls? I have a wedding cake that has scrolls close to bottom boarder. Does anyone have a template or any tips that will help me?

jayla

6 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 7

I want to bump this thread 'cause I was wondering the same thing. I see all these folks doing marvelous free hand scroll work, and it just escapes me!

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 7

The mats look good. Wilton has impression mats too-are you piping on fondant or BC? I have found the Wilton scroll set with the cookie cutter-like scrolls best for piping on BC. You just lightly press in and the impression is sharp and clear. You can then just pipe away! Good Luck!

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 2 May 2009 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 7

You can draw the scroll on paper then place a piece of wax paper over it and practice. This way you get used to the hand motion. I also have the plastic wilton scoll thingys that you make an impression on the cake then pipe over the lines. The last cake I did (white one with pink orchids in my pics) I did free hand and it was pretty simple

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 3 May 2009 , 4:16pm
post #6 of 7

I just bought some of the clear "stamps" at Michaels -they are flexible and will be able to make the curve around the cake. (I think Norm Davis is teaching a class using those at ICES this year too.) I am gonna try them out here soon.

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 3 May 2009 , 4:25pm
post #7 of 7

I agree with grama_j - I bought some scroll impression mats from this seller on ebay and they are great!!

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%