Decorating By julzs71 Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 10:53pm by springlakecake

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:47am
post #61 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnw

Quote:
Quote:

I have had a lady tell me that my husband "left" me when he went to Iraq! Needless to say, I told her how the cow ate cabbage in no uncertain terms!

Please explain

Yes, explain the "cow at the cabbage" expression. I've never heard it but it sounds like something I'd like to use. icon_lol.gif

julsz - the woman who paid you for the cake, she didn't know the moocher? I cannot believe she had another cake there! tapedshut.gif

If you need more help saying "no", when one of these moochers asks, just imagine them taking food from your child. Or money you need to pay a bill. Or imagine yourself taking $25 and throwing it in the trash.

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:09am
post #62 of 69

That takes alot of nerve to ask for a free cake! My BFF was a hair stylist and cut/colored my hair for years. I paid her every single time.
Yes, she gave me a discount - yes, I have done FREE cakes for her grandkids and her youngest daughter. I do cakes for her church showers (she is always in charge!) for less than I would anyone else. I have gave free shower cakes to her niece whom I absolutely adore. She is MY BEST friend and has been for years.

Anyone else.... icon_confused.gif I would say no without blinking. Goodness - that takes some nerve. She is asking for your time, talent, and creativity for nothing. Next time someone asks you this and you think even for a second being uncomfortable just pretend she asked to have a roll in the hay with your husband icon_twisted.gif you won't have any trouble then telling her firmly NO. icon_wink.gif

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:29am
post #63 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnw

[quote
I have had a lady tell me that my husband "left" me when he went to Iraq! Needless to say, I told her how the cow ate cabbage in no uncertain terms!

Please explain[/quote]

My husband had been in Iraq for about 2 months and a lady who was not very nice to begin with says in reference to me "her husband left her". (She knew exactly where he was and she had asked me before about it and said she could not believe he was leaving me. That I would be here alone raising 3 kids on my own. And who would be a father figure to my sons.) At the time we were homeschooling our kids and we were very busy. I didn't say anything the first time. Then in a meeting for a class we were all doing together for our kids she said to all the other parents in the meeting "well, her husband has left her". Mind you, we were at church, but this was a day during the week where we were using it as a class. I pretty much lost it at that point, this is where I told her how the cow ate cabbage! lol
I pretty much told her off in front of everyone. I told her I was sick and tired of hearing her comments and that she needed to mind her own business. I told her it was because of Men and Women like my husband that she was able to run her mouth freely the way she did, but that I was also free to do something about it if she said it again. And some other choice words....And that is how the cow ate cabbage.

Very unladylike of me....I know. I was really mad. I have GREAT respect for my husband. For her to say something like that just ticks me off.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 11:07am
post #64 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

You'd be surprised jlynn, I got into a shouting match when the war first started with some protestors when they told me my DH should die because he's fighting the war in Iraq. I never wanted to hurt someone so bad in my life.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. When we were living in HI, in the 16 months my husband was gone during that one I had peace protestors show up to my house and say the same thing. I came out the door with my shot gun and told them to get off my property and had to call the police. Yeah, they're really peaceful those peace protestors and they have no qualms telling you that your spouse should die. I have no need for those folks.
When I told that lady who was also from church that I had enough to do she was insulted and told everybody I refused to make her a cake. I had another lady ask me about it and I had to tell her that she wanted a free cake and it was quite the free cake she wanted too, a carved Thomas the Tank cake with his coaches Annie & Clarabell.

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 11:30am
post #65 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle_75

Forgive me if someone already said this, but since when do jehovah's witnesses celebrate anniversaries?

No way would I even go NEAR this woman's cake!

that is the only thing that my in-laws "celebrate". Other than that.....NOTHING.

I wonder if they will "celebrate" my oldest son graduating from high school at the beginning of June?? icon_rolleyes.gif

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:41pm
post #66 of 69

I love all your comments!

I'm getting ready to move in two weeks and going through all of my stuff at my house. I have elmo, a book, over the hill, guitar, carousel horse, wilton lesson books 1,2 and 3. If you pay for shipping they are yours. For FREE.

I've gotta run. I need someone cheaper to ship my husbands car to his Mom's house. They want $1000.

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 9:59pm
post #67 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by julzs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassidyg

She should be making you a damn cake, not her asking for a free cake. 1st off from one military wife to another, THANK YOU! And my heart goes out to you. 2nd, you need to get yourself taken care of, it's an adjustment when our husbands leave, and you need to adjust, you also need to find busy work to keep from going crazy, but that doesnt mean she gets a free cake. JUST SAY NO! You dont need to give her a reason, NO means NO!

Thank you! It is weird. The week before he left he was my fat bastard...now I cry whenever I think about my boo bear! icon_smile.gif

Totally been there, I was overjoyed when he went to boot, I was so happy he wasnt underfoot & bugging me, until about 5 minutes after his planed pulled out of the runway, then I was a mess, I had to have my mom come pick me up from airport, I couldnt see anything, I was crying to hard. It gets easier in time, the tears will fade a little more, but trust me, anything can still make you cry for no reason, I've been much more cryish since he joined. It gets embarresing in the middle of the store, especially because he'll be standing next to me half the time!

JenLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenLen Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 10:27pm
post #68 of 69

julzs71: First and most importantly....thank you for all you are sacrificing by having your husband so far away. I can not even BEGIN to imagine how hard that is!!! Second, I will keep your husband in my prayers for a safe and speedy return! Third....you are hilarious! Satan is making the ice cream. icon_smile.gif Too funny!!!!

You do not owe this woman any explanation. Just a simple, sorry, I have too much on my plate right now.

To all of you that were commenting on the "peace protestors". I am in shock and totally disgusted! I really had no idea that people behaved this way! Please know that, in the words of Clark Griswold, for every cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, fore-fleshing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d!ckless, hopeless, heartless, f@t-@ss, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey sh!t in this country.....there are thousands of supportive Americans that thank God every day that they can tuck their children into bed, knowing full well that it is because of your husbands, wives, sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers, and friends, and the fact that they have made the safety of our country their top priority!!!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 10:53pm
post #69 of 69

[quote="JenLen"] in the words of Clark Griswold, for every cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, fore-fleshing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d!ckless, hopeless, heartless, f@t-@ss, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey sh!t quote]

LOL, I havent actually seen that written out before!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%