Explain Yourself...

Lounge By Calejo Updated 9 Jun 2007 , 4:34am by eagerlearner

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 8:51pm
post #61 of 188

Love it love it!! This topic is so cool. LOL To all who misprounounced ntertayneme.. Like fytar said:
I knew it didn't spell that way, but your brain finally just gives up and sees what it sees!!
I've always seen it net-ertayneme.. NO WONDER I COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT!!!! That is a good one!!
My name came when I realized all the other children in my home are tired of eating cakes... LOL except one! the new on in the house who is now 3 and his name is Brian.. No one eats mommy's cakes like Brian does.. So I figured BriansBaker!
Avatar came from the Queen B of Avatars Lisa.. I have a white kitchen aid BUT really really wanted a red one!! Hubby bought white because he said (keep in mind a man saying this) " the white one was on sale not the red one". Just like that with no thought to my feelings. icon_cry.gif (rolling my eyes)

mrsrunning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsrunning Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 8:57pm
post #62 of 188

I am married to a Navy man and everyone at his work only call each other by there last names ours is Running, so when the guys would come over and didn't knwo my name they would say MrsRunning

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 9:02pm
post #63 of 188

great topic. Just like most of you I have been trying to figure out how to say ntertayneme icon_smile.gif Because I am also not very creative in this respect , my name is from Holmes - 1 of my babies my spoiled rotten sheltie and the D is the 1st letter of my last name Dugdell.

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 9:15pm
post #64 of 188

WHAT A GREAT TOPIC. MINE IS FROM WHEN I WAS LITTLE, MY UNCLE HAS ALWAYS CALLED ME KATE. IN MY YEARBOOK IT SAYS KNOWN AS KATE TO ONLY A FEW AND IT HAS STUCK THAT ONLY A FEW PEOPLE CALL ME THAT. THE 39 IS THE FIRE DEPARTMENT THAT I BELONG TO - STATION 39! HENCE KATE39. THANKS TO LISA THE QUEEN WHO HELPED ME OUT WITH MY AVATAR. YELLOW BECAUSE THAT IS THE COLOR OF OUR FIRETRUCKS!

CATHY

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 9:33pm
post #65 of 188

Calejo, thanks for thinking up this topic.. I have enjoyed reading all the comments regarding how everyone came up with their nicknames on here ... this has been thoroughly n-ter-tayne-ing icon_wink.gif

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 9:52pm
post #66 of 188

cheryl you are the best. i knew what your name was the min. i saw it. ok ok my DH knew and he told me. same thing

prettytoya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettytoya Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 9:52pm
post #67 of 188

A coworker gave me the name prettytoya after I got divorced and all of the eligible men on our job started competing with each other to see who would get to date me first. I wasn't interested in dating but they all did small things to impress me and everytime one did something nice for me the coworker would shout "Prettytoya strikes again!"

I chose the avatar because at the time no one on cake central had it, and I got Lisa (Thank YOU!) to add a little flair to it!

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 9:54pm
post #68 of 188

how come i dont have an avatar from lisa. i feel neglected. Thanks lisa

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 10:12pm
post #69 of 188

Mine came from my 4 year old granddaughter-everything is Nanni so why not-even friends kids call me that-easy enough to remember-like when your kids friends called you mom (if you haven't reached that time you will!) Lisa-could you please find a neat avatar for me> I would appreciate it-feel left out of the imagination club!

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 10:33pm
post #70 of 188

Well, I'm always baking something...I wanted cakelady, but it already was taken...lol.... so I settled for using cakegal....
My avatar, I belong to several pixel groups and I make my own...
Very interesting topic too..
cakegal

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 10:34pm
post #71 of 188

OK my name is really easy my name is Susan my middle name marie and last name molina i am 23 hence the susanmm23. lol not very creative. Lisa found my avatar for me i love butterflies and cake soooooooo its perfect.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 11:02pm
post #72 of 188

kate39 - OT - are you from the island & if so where do you get your cake supplies?

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 11:04pm
post #73 of 188

Mine stands for grandma and my birthdate. My avatar is just one I liked when I was looking. I am still looking for a cake related animation and will change when I find one I like.

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 11:40pm
post #74 of 188

Great Thread!

Mine is not very original either. bjfranco = Betty - Jean Franco. icon_rolleyes.gif

I love cats and if I had my choice I would love to lay in a hammock all day too. icon_smile.gif

It's funny how you know the people by the avatars. I would like to know about Squirrellycakes (sp) ????? icon_biggrin.gif Now that is an interesting one. Did she post yet or did I miss it?

bj icon_wink.gif

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 12:00am
post #75 of 188

Great topic! Thanks Calejo.

Multiple reasons for the name itsacake. First, the first cake I decorated was the wedding cake in my photo gallery with the tiers on separate stands. One woman asked a friend of mine "What is the significance of the display. (I think she thought it was a hat display?!?) My friend answered Sometimes a cake is just a cake, but this person didnt get it and I overheard as the conversation went on: Its a CAKE!! Its a CAKE?????? Yes, its a CAKE!!!!! Similarly, when I did a stack of books, people kept walking past it looking for the cake they were expecting to see, and I had to keep explaining: Its a CAKE??? Yes, its a cake!. In fact, people seem to frequently look at my cakes and ask, thats a cake? so I say Its a cake a lot

Even more importantly, my husband likes to keep reminding me, as I get ever more obsessive with details after midnight Its a CAKE! He means that people are going to be eating it, NOT gilding it for posterity-- so it would be nice to keep perspective and get it done already!

Hopefully I'll soon have a buisness going and a website posted with this name. For now, I thought I'd test it here.

My avatar is a picture of the book cake that everyone kept walking past. It is one of my favorite cakes. I am learning to edit photos and I hope to have more photos in the gallery soon. In the meantime, I am obsessing as usual and cant even think of posting a picture out of order, so I have to edit them as time permits and put them up in the order they were baked. The avatar was an opportunity to put something up out of order. Sigh..

nola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nola Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 12:05am
post #76 of 188

Okay, I'm not very creative... I live in New Orleans, LA, hence - NOLA. My avatar's hat reminds me of something you would see at Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

tika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tika Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 12:11am
post #77 of 188

Tika is a short version of my name, which is Natika. My just getting into Dollz and I love this doll with the easy bake oven. Kinda sums up some of our humble beginnings icon_lol.gif

jumbosgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jumbosgirl Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 12:42am
post #78 of 188

My husband is a Fireman and his nickname is Jumbo , because he loves shrimp. So when I met the guys at his station I became Jumbosgirl. My avatar ( which I finally learned how to do!!) is because I love Pooh!.

kalikw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalikw Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 1:05am
post #79 of 188

My name was given to me when we first got an email account in the 1990's. My name is Karen Wilkins and I live in California, so my husband spelled in Kali((California with a K)k(karen)w(wilkins). Don't have an avatar yet have not found one I like. Speaking of Cheryl's name it took me a while but I figured it out. Too Clever.

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 1:21am
post #80 of 188

Moviechick....I got this name many years ago. I used to manage a movie theatre back home. No matter where I went people would always come up to me and say hey moviechick whats showing tonite? Forget the fact that I also worked EMS 911. Even then patients would say hey your the moviechick whats showing when they would realize where else I worked. MC is of course short for moviechick online friends started calling me MC. Great topic. I too could not figure out how to say entertayneme name thats a great name. MC

loree001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loree001 Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 1:31am
post #81 of 188

My name is, well, my name... (original, huh?). My avatar is because I have an obsession with decorated gingerbread houses, gingerbread men, girls, you name it! I just think they are cute!

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 1:44am
post #82 of 188

Mine is first of all from the initials of my first and last name~Joann Stewart ~with cakes added, second from the question of who brought the cake, it's one of Joann's cakes! thumbs_up.gif
My avatar is "Butterfly", she lives next door with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and thinks she lives here also! She has some baby chicks on her back because they thought "Butter" was their momma and she babysits them!

I have enjoyed reading all of your stories! icon_razz.gif okay tcturtleshell, we want to read your story soon!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 2:19am
post #83 of 188

Well, I am NEWTODECORATING, creative huh!
I just had no idea when my DH found this site that it was going to be as good or addictive, so I didn't put alot of thought into it. I really don't care for it now for a combination of reasons--I no longer am new to decorating, more acquainted with it, and I feel like I am screaming, since it is in capitol letters.
As for an avitar, I am working on it, but am not computer smart. (my DH calls me PCLD, personal computer learning disability)LOL

Bekki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bekki Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 2:38am
post #84 of 188

So I wasn't creative either when I joined the site, but I always have people say "that's an interesting way to spell your name" or "I've never seen it spelled that way" or people pronounce it Bee-kee (It's Becky). As for Ralph, if you knew me, you'd understand that it fits very well, because I like to be silly icon_lol.gif .

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 2:39am
post #85 of 188

Great topic!! I definitely got on the train late though and it has taken me awhile to read through all of the pages.

My name I actually came up with when my BF and I started playing an on-line roleplaying game. I came up with three names that I used in the game for different characters. I spent hours online and in name books looking for a name to use for my characters, nothing I saw struck me, so I eventually came up with names. How i'm not sure, but I did icon_smile.gif

Leily - I pronounce it Lay-lee

I often get asked if it is my real name-but nope. This is usually my first choice as it was the character I was on the most and many people recognize that name, however I sometimes use, Aleka and Yeva (also character names.

Thanks again for this great topic!! it's very interesting.

KATE39 Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 2:57am
post #86 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcakes

kate39 - OT - are you from the island & if so where do you get your cake supplies?

BEACHCAKES SORRY I AM NOT FROM THE ISLAND. I LIVE WHERE NY, NJ, AND PA COME TOGETHER. I AM IN NY AND THE FIRE DEPT IS IN PA.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 2:58am
post #87 of 188
Quote:
Quote:

Lisa-could you please find a neat avatar for me> I would appreciate it-feel left out of the imagination club!

First I just wanted to add that m0use made Kate's yellow glitter name.

I don't want anyone to feel left out or neglected. You all belong to the "The Club" which is CC. Help is always here whether it's with an avatar or a cake. If you need help finding, making or editing your avatar, feel free to PM me. It's a hobby I really enjoy and I wouldn't want to lose my title as Queen--LOL!

butrcup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butrcup Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 2:58am
post #88 of 188

this is all sooo funny...

mine is a nickname from an exboyfriend, I use it as a lot of passwords so if you ever get your hands on my computer, have fun!

The Avatar is just one I fell in love with when looking around the internet. Okay Lisa, make my fat baker dance...or twirl the spoon....

these bonding sessions are fun

aslate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aslate Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 3:07am
post #89 of 188

All of my creativity must have been used up on my kids the day I joined CC. aslate is just my name and my avatar is a picture of a cake I did. I looked around the internet to find some things----after calling by brother, the computer guru, saying, "What's an avatar?" icon_redface.gif ----but I didn't find anything that really jumped out so I used a cake picture.

KATE39 Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 3:10am
post #90 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

Quote:
Quote:

Lisa-could you please find a neat avatar for me> I would appreciate it-feel left out of the imagination club!

First I just wanted to add that m0use made Kate's yellow glitter name.

I don't want anyone to feel left out or neglected. You all belong to the "The Club" which is CC. Help is always here whether it's with an avatar or a cake. If you need help finding, making or editing your avatar, feel free to PM me. It's a hobby I really enjoy and I wouldn't want to lose my title as Queen--LOL!

I AM SO SORRY LISA AND mOuse. THANK YOU TO mOuse FOR MAKING MY AVATAR. I THOUGHT IT WAS YOU LISA BUT YOU ARE THE STILL THE QUEEN. mOuse PLEASE FORGIVE ME, I AM SO SORRY - I MUST BE HAVING A SENIOR MOMENT! THANK YOU LISA FOR CLEARING THAT UP!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%