Sps Cake Supports

Decorating By patty7276 Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 11:44am by AfordRN

patty7276 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty7276 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 4

i'm thinking about giving the sps (cake support system) a try. I am wondering about one thing. if the plates come in set sizes--8", 10 " , etc. what do you do about shrinkage? my cakes usually shrink a fair amount . can anyone who has used this system advise me?

thanks,
patty

3 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:00am
post #2 of 4

I use the sps system and have never had a problem with it, in fact I love it!

Shrinkage can be filled with icing, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just ice the cake to the edge of the plate and you'll be fine

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:50am
post #3 of 4

Where do you buy them though? I have seen links but there are lots of cake plates and pillars on the link they give and I hate to sound dumb but I have no idea which I am suppose to be buying.

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 11:44am
post #4 of 4

I just ordered mine from oasis supply.com Note there is not a space in that website. icon_lol.gif Do a search for sps on that site. I got the 4" GC(grecian column). The columns come in white, ivory or crystal. They come 12 to a pack. I only bought a 8 & 6" plate for now. I also ordered the 9" one's as I have a wedding cake this weekend that the bride wants the top 2 tiers up on pillars. Hope it will get here in time.

Here is the item number straight off the site.
4" SCORED GRECIAN COLUMNS -BAKERY CRAFTS® /12
Item #: BC GC4S

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%