Cupcake Icing Swirl...

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 1:17am by antonia74

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 7

For the life of me, I can't get that swirl on the top of the cupcake to look right. I'm using a large star tip. Is their a trick to it? Help!

6 replies
bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 7

i have that same problem, too! i usually make a zig zag across the top - i just can't get the swirl to go swirly!

*bump*

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 7

I think to get the really big swirl you have to have the cucake tip. I believe it's 1M. It doesn't fit a standard coupler, but makes a gorgeous, puffy swirl (Autumn Leaves cupcakes in my pics).

Using tip 32 I have made a decent swirl (Simple Flower) starting at the outside and working my way in, then mounding on a second layer....

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 7

Yup, 1M is perfect for that. I have a video online showing how to decorate cupcakes in some basic techniques. Someone posted it on YouTube. The first cupcake I do is the swirl...

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 7:52pm
post #5 of 7

I use the 1M tip for the swirl.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 10:25pm
post #6 of 7

Antionia, I cannot believe someone posted your video without your permission! However, I loved it and appreciate the time you took to do it. Thanks! p.s. Is the tip you used to to the swirl the same one used for making the cupcake bouquets?

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 1:17am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoos-8599_

Antionia, I cannot believe someone posted your video without your permission! However, I loved it and appreciate the time you took to do it. Thanks! p.s. Is the tip you used to to the swirl the same one used for making the cupcake bouquets?

Nobody posted it without my permission, hon! icon_eek.gif I made the video for a magazine and someone working for that magazine posted it online on YouTube....I just didn't know who to credit for that! icon_lol.gif Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear. Nothing sinister. icon_redface.gif

The tip is a large 1M star tip. (I don't know what cupcake bouquet you mean, sorry?) Like this. Not the regular small tips you use with a coupler, this is a BIG piping tip....
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%