Attachment, Finally

Decorating By patty7276 Updated 9 May 2009 , 9:58pm by 3GCakes

patty7276 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty7276 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 10

ok, here is the attachment, finally , to go with my previous post. thanks for your help.

patty
LL

9 replies
jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 10

looks like a support issue to me.,,,, maybe one of the dowels tilted to the side.

patty7276 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 10

thanks. it will help a lot if I can figure out what the problem is. i think my support was weak

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 10

Support system looks to me too, sps works great.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 10

Double check your dowel placement and height. Darling cake overall!!!

aliciag829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciag829 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:34pm
post #6 of 10

The only thing I can think of is this: Sometimes if you place a layer on top of another and it's not directly in the center, if you try to move it just by sliding it, you can actually tilt the dowels and your cake will sit crooked until you actually go back in and make sure all the dowels are standing up straight. If you want to move a cake layer once it has already been placed, you actually have to pick up the whole tier and move it that way instead of sliding it.

Not sure if that's what happened, but it's the only suggestion I have based on what I see.

HTH

patty7276 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 10

alicia,

i remember i did scoot the middle tier after i placed it. never knew not to do that. thank you so much for that info!

mrsunknown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsunknown Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:03am
post #8 of 10

suspence over!

i had a cake do this too patty my daughters pram cake, must have been lack of support and the fact i moved layers around too hehehe, we can only learn. icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 9 May 2009 , 9:58pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciag829

The only thing I can think of is this: Sometimes if you place a layer on top of another and it's not directly in the center, if you try to move it just by sliding it, you can actually tilt the dowels and your cake will sit crooked until you actually go back in and make sure all the dowels are standing up straight. If you want to move a cake layer once it has already been placed, you actually have to pick up the whole tier and move it that way instead of sliding it.

Not sure if that's what happened, but it's the only suggestion I have based on what I see.

HTH

excellent advice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%