Does Anyone Have This Book?

Decorating By Alice1230 Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 12:18am by Alice1230

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 9

Potpourri of Flowers Book

I've been looking for a fondant/gumpaste flower book. One that has good instructions and pictures that would help me learn to make a variety of flowers. I was searching and came across this title.

If anyone has this book would you please tell me if you like it icon_biggrin.gif Or does anyone have another book that they like better?

8 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 9

I don't have that one, but I like the Sugar Roses for Cakes and Sugar Orchids for Cakes books. There are also a bunch by Nicholas Lodge that are good, one is called something like Sugar Flowers from around the World.

If you do a search on Amazon you should be able to find them.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 9

I need to learn how to do more flowers too.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 9

If you are talking about Nic Lodge's book, I have it. It is very good - has detailed instructions on 15 flowers along with some templates and veiner information. Well worth the price thumbs_up.gif I am a visual learner, though, so hands-on classes were necessary to get me to the point that I could read and follow instructions icon_rolleyes.gif

Alice1230 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:58pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I don't have that one, but I like the Sugar Roses for Cakes and Sugar Orchids for Cakes books. There are also a bunch by Nicholas Lodge that are good, one is called something like Sugar Flowers from around the World.

If you do a search on Amazon you should be able to find them.

R these strictly about one rose/orchid or shows you how to make several?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 12:08am
post #6 of 9

They're specifically about different types of roses and orchids, but there are a few other flowers in there, too.

Alice1230 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 12:12am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

I need to learn how to do more flowers too.

Having truoble earlier because I was searching for gumpaste flowers but I searched for sugar flowers and found many books....in case you decided to look yourself sometime!

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 12:12am
post #8 of 9

Alan Dunn books are good too in fact i just had one arrive today called:
Wedding Cakes and Sprays has a few different flowers and types in it very self explanitory... otherwise your other option is to pick flowers from nature and study them..... pull them apart and make templates from them and write yourself little notes along with pics... that is how i have learnt a few of mine.nothing like using the real thing to learn from.

good luck

Alice1230 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 12:18am
post #9 of 9

yes I see a lot of books by Dunn on amazon. For one reason or another I really like to read and learn from books. Its my way I guess.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%