Cake Filing Needed!!!!

Baking By sunshine2218 Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 2:12am by sunshine2218

sunshine2218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunshine2218 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 12:42am
post #1 of 5

Well I'm doing a chocolate cake with cherry filling... but one problem... I can't find the kind of filling that I want. I know there has to be some sort of recipe out there! I think.... anyways does anyone know of a good cherry mousse filling? That's what I really want... but if that's not possible does anyone know of a good cherry filling? TIA! =]

4 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 1:40am
post #2 of 5

For any fruit mousse, take fruit preserves (I prefer Dickinson brand) and stir to "loosen" then fold into stabilized whipped cream (I use Dr. Oetker's Whip-It, easier than using gelatin!). About 1/4 cup preserves to 1 cup whipping cream.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 1:44am
post #3 of 5

Cherry Filling
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup sugar
1(16 ounce) pitted Cherrys red undrained
2 1/2 Tablespoon corn starch
4 drops red food coloring
1 teaspoon almond extract

Drain cherries, reserving liquid (add water, if necessary to make 1 cup). Set aside.
Combine corn syrup, sugar, and cornstarch in a small sauce pan. Stir well. Add reserved cherry liquid and food coloring. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Stir in drained cherries and almond extract.
Yield 2 1/2 cups

Cherry Whipped Cream
Filling
1 cup whipping cream
3 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped cherries

Beat 1 cup (1/2 pint) cold whipping cream (heavy whipping cream), 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon almond and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract in medium bowl until stiff (be careful not to beat too long or stiff peaks will tend to harden and cause air bubbles.) Stir in 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries. Frost top and slightly on the sides. Garnish frosted cake with maraschino cherries with stems for decoration

This are the ones I always use and I love them, IHTH thumbs_up.gif

sunshine2218 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:11am
post #4 of 5

Thanks guys!!! I will def. be using these! =]

sunshine2218 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:12am
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys!!! I will def. be using these! =]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%