Autism Cake

Decorating By todolomio Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 2:51am by mommy2djb

todolomio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
todolomio Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone!! Well my dream came true!!! I was ask to make a cake for a huge 350+ fund raiser for children with Autism. I'm excited because I have a son with Autism and truly have been blessed with services and benefits for him and my hubby and I had been talking about giving back using my cake business. Now I need an extraordinary ideas on what to make. So suggestions please. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif We thought of the Autism Ribbon but, How would we make it stand? hmmm anything else?

Thanks

2 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 2:31am
post #2 of 3

Did you want tiered or sheet?

(I also have a son with autism) Something with puzzle pieces would be cool and maybe one piece missing because we are not there yet with the answers.
Someone made a sky sculpture for Autism recently and it was so pretty but was like a giant puzzle with a piece missing.

mommy2djb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2djb Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 2:51am
post #3 of 3

Oh how exciting! My son is on the spectrum so I totally get it. The puzzle pieces seem to be the universal "autism" sign (how appropriate!) You could even do multiple cakes, different puzzle pieces, different colors, or one giant cake. Lots of possibilities!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%