Help With Car Cake Please

Decorating By flourbud Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 4:38am by CakeDiosa

flourbud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourbud Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 2

Can anyone who has done a 3-D car give me pointers. I need to make a 1971 Barracuda for Saturday. I'm stressing about how to apply fondant on something that shape and how to make the front and back ends suspended without breaking off. YIKES

1 reply
CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:38am
post #2 of 2

Don't stress. It's not that difficult. See my firetruck cake in my gallery for suspension idea. Also, I think her name is boonati here on CC but check out her website at www.how2cakes.com look under 3D car for more ideas.

For mine, I used 1/4" foam board cut in the shape of the undercarriage of the truck with spaces cut out for the "wheels" (fondant covered oreos). Wrapped that in foil then used wood shims wrapped in foil to support that. I can send you pics of the back side of the truck where you can better see to give you more of an idea. Have your under support run close to the length of the cake so it won't tilt when cutting. Place your tires on after you have the cake covered and completed. They will rest on the cake board and can be stuck to the cake with BC.

This is long... PM me for more and I can send you pics if you like but don't stress.... plenty of answers and ideas here on CC!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%