Viking Vs Kitchenaid

Decorating By pinkflower1212 Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 12:19am by queenie1958

pinkflower1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflower1212 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 6

I am about to purchase a new stand mixer, and was wondering if there really was a differance between the Viking Stand Mixer vs the KitchenAid Pro, other than personal opinion? I have read some reviews on the viking where customers wished they would have just gotten another KitchenAid and others where they are tickled pink with their purchase.

Does anyone CCers have the Viking - this is what I'm looking at

http://www.vikingrange.com/consumer/products/product_option_color.jsp?skuId=68127&id=prod180065
LL

5 replies
sweet1122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet1122 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 6

Here's a bump icon_smile.gif

Adria_NyxxTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adria_NyxxTX Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 6

I have a Cook's brand stand mixer. Has all the bells and whistles the KitchenAid brand does for a lot less! I think you can only get them at JC Penny's. I just love mine. You twist a knob/lever thingie to lift back the business end to get the bowl in and out of the stand and the on/off/speed is a turn dial so you don't have to worry about the slide-knob not holding like I've seen some KA mixers do. Wouldn't stay off even when the lever was pushed all the way back! Had to hold it tight with ribbon wrapped around the mixer and lever.

Mine came with the paddle mixer, balloon whip, dough hook and the plastic thingie that you put around the top of the bowl with a door to add ingredients and keep it from flying all over the counter.

CelebrationsbyLori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationsbyLori Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 10:52pm
post #4 of 6

I have a 7qt. Waring which is very similar to the Viking. I bought it after returning 6 (yes 6) of the KitchenAid 6qt Pro mixers to KitchenAid, the last one they bought back because they had replaced so many. Their customer service was really good and it was no questions asked exchanges, but the mixer was a piece of cr*p! I have had the Waring since September and really like it! I also didn't think 1 qt. bigger would be that much different, but IT IS!!
Good luck either way! Maybe you'll have better luck with the KA than I did, I know a lot of people do!
Lori

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 12:08am
post #5 of 6

I have 2 KA's that I'm happy with, but I'll be honest here....viking all the way! More solid and better made. Since Hobart doesn't make KA's anymore the quality has went down.

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 12:19am
post #6 of 6

I don't know much about the other mixers but I have the bigger kitchenaid mixer and I love it.
Makes wonderful buttercream icing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%