Airbrush Systems

Decorating By crisseyann Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 3:07am by crisseyann

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 7

I am ready to branch out and try something new with my cake decorating. I saw a post on CC once or twice regarding airbrush systems purchased quite inexpensively at Harbor Freight Tools. (couldn't find them doing a search)

I went yesterday but am confused as to exactly what I need. Could anyone please help? TIA.

Cris icon_smile.gif

6 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 7

Shamelessly bumping myself. Please help me if you can. Much appreciated.

mysonbronson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonbronson Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 7

I purchased KopyKake airbrush from sugarcraft and I love it. While I was moving the KopyKake was in a box somewhere so then I just went to an airbrush store and purchased a mini compressor that came with a hose and then I purchased I think its called a Talon airbrush. The mini compressor felt more industrial to me, a little more intimidating than the KopyKake. I hope this helps.

awnee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awnee Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 7

Hello! I took a class with Bronwen Webber, she highly recommends going to they have an actual kit to make airbrushing easy, it has everything you need in it! Try that!

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:38pm
post #5 of 7

I don't know about Harbor Freight but I myself went onto ebay in search for one, with not much money an desperate for one I was able to find one. If you go under airbrush/guns/compressors and search you will find a whole bunch. I was hesitant at first, but I decided to do things my way. I bought the dual ab gun for 14.99 and a hose usually comes with it and I found a compressor no more than 50 psi you want one between 30-50 or it will blow your icing away. So I also found a small compressor for $20. And I love it. Works great, and I didn't spend an arm and a leg for it. Another suggestion I've heard on cc is going to Michael's I now they have one and just use your 40 or 50% coupon on it. You can propbably get it for 60-80 bucks using your coupon.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 7

I just bought a complete kit w/12 "paints" from this store on E-Bay for $110. Check them out, they have great prices.

Good Luck!

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:07am
post #7 of 7

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will check into ALL of your suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to give your advice. CC has never let me down! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%