Tacky!!!

Decorating By KawaiiCakeCook Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 2:34pm by KawaiiCakeCook

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 7:00am
post #1 of 8

I had a customer come in who has ordered from me before and I like working with her but her ideas are always a little different....but hey she's paying for the cake so I figure she gets what she wants. But this time she came in and asked for a bra cake...with a head! She said it would be tacky to just give her girlfriend a bra cake but that if I made a head with the girls face to go with it, that would be okay. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Can anyone else imagine this disaster in their heads? Head with just some lady lumps? Has anyone else had a cake you just wanted to go , Nope not doing it, never gonna happen!

7 replies
redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 8:16am
post #2 of 8

Is there a special occasion that this bra cake is for? Maybe there is some other type of bra cake that might be more appropriate? I saw a really tastefully done one for a woman who was 5 years post breast cancer, which was a gift box with a pink satiny bra in it. I thought it was nice.

I agree that a head would just make it weird. Then again, I have never liked torso cakes period. They just have Cake Wreck written all over them.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:58am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiCakeCook

Head with just some lady lumps?

Certainly she must mean a neck and shoulders, etc. Am I just not understanding how you wrote it? But still, tell her that proportionately, since a head is so much larger than the "lady lumps" as you called them, it would make the head the more prominent part of the cake and take away from the main idea she wants. Plus, unless you're Michaelangelo, it will be hard to make it look like the woman. I would definitely discourage the idea. Print out some of the cute bra cake pictures from this site and show her.

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 8

Check out cake wrecks blog, something like it was on there recently. People generally don't want to eat the head of a friend. I'm just sayin'

Artisticweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Artisticweddings Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:42pm
post #5 of 8

I dont see how people eat the whole life like babay cakes either!

Vylette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vylette Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:02pm
post #6 of 8

I agree on the "oddness" of the disembodied torso cake, but a face too?

*audible forehead smack*

I personally think you'll do a bang-up job, can't wait to see it!

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:34pm
post #7 of 8

Nope you didn't misunderstand. She literally said, "I can't give a girlfriend a bra cake that would just be weird, but if you put a face on it that would be better." icon_confused.gif

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:34pm
post #8 of 8

Nope you didn't misunderstand. She literally said, "I can't give a girlfriend a bra cake that would just be weird, but if you put a face on it that would be better." icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%