Bavarian Creme

Decorating By SharonG Updated 17 Feb 2005 , 6:50pm by SharonG

SharonG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonG Posted 16 Feb 2005 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 11

hello everyone,
does anyone have a recipe for Bavarian creme or can you provide a source for purchasing large quantities of this item and other fillings?

Thank you icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
letseatcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letseatcake Posted 16 Feb 2005 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 11

You can find it at cake supply stores or on line at countrykitchensa.com. Bavarian Creme is almost like a vanilla pudding but heavier. It is a great filling for cakes. I sometimes mix it with fresh sliced bananas (soaked with lime juice so they won't yellow too fast) or with a non-dairy whipped topping to get a sort of mousse.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 16 Feb 2005 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 11

Here are two from ladycakes.com. She has a ton of recipes on her website...you should check it out!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2034-0-Bavarian-Crme.html

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2035-0-Bavarian-Crme-Filling.html

ameena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ameena Posted 16 Feb 2005 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMissey

Here are two from ladycakes.com. She has a ton of recipes on her website...you should check it out!

Yes ladycakes has some excellent recipes on her site. I made a banana cake recipe from her site and it received rave reviews.

SharonG Posted 17 Feb 2005 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by letseatcake

You can find it at cake supply stores or on line at countrykitchensa.com. Bavarian Creme is almost like a vanilla pudding but heavier. It is a great filling for cakes. I sometimes mix it with fresh sliced bananas (soaked with lime juice so they won't yellow too fast) or with a non-dairy whipped topping to get a sort of mousse.

thank you so much. it's nice to have access to such a great site to obtain the knowledge and expertise of so many people willing to provide information thumbs_up.gif

SharonG Posted 17 Feb 2005 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 11

[quote="MrsMissey"]Here are two from ladycakes.com. She has a ton of recipes on her website...you should check it out!

you, thank you thumbs_up.gif

MrsMissey Posted 17 Feb 2005 , 3:03pm
post #7 of 11

..you are very welcome! icon_lol.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 17 Feb 2005 , 3:20pm
post #8 of 11

Hey MrsMissey~
I just took a look at all your beautiful cakes!! WOW you are an expert!!!!! Loved everyone of them!!! GREAT WORK!! ~Tina~

MrsMissey Posted 17 Feb 2005 , 3:29pm
post #9 of 11

Oh gosh icon_redface.gif that was so sweet of you ! I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I really love to do this stuff! Thank you!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Feb 2005 , 4:09pm
post #10 of 11

SharonG,
You can also do what I do and purchase the canned Devon cream in the cakemix section of the grocery store.My friend wanted this cream filling for a 40th birthday cake I did and I don't normally use fillings as I mostly do kids character cakes so I found this at the grocery store for $2.29 a can(cheaper for you in the US) But I tried it and it was awesome.It didn't take me hours at the stove boiling things...okay I am exaggerating but I don't like having to make anything that takes forever to cook and lots of money for ingredients.It is a cheaper alternative and does taste good!!My friend said the cake was excellent!! Try looking for something like that if you are pressed for time etc..Just a suggestion!!

SharonG Posted 17 Feb 2005 , 6:50pm
post #11 of 11

Thank you so much. your reply is very helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%