How Do You Decorate A Kitchen Cake?

Decorating By topaz176 Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 5:45pm by BCJean

topaz176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
topaz176 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 9:49am
post #1 of 8

This cake is meant only for cutting to put in boxes.
But I still would like it to look nice.
I think presentation is very important.
Any simple but nice ideas???

7 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:14am
post #2 of 8

sort of the same as the 'real' cake i think - so same height, same fillings, same colours, same coating. just less of the work, no flowers.
xx

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 8

I agree with brincess b. Nothing to fancy because only the cutters/staff will see the sheet cake.

topaz176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
topaz176 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 5:33pm
post #5 of 8

Okay,
Buttercream icing, borders...........and what in the middle??

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 5:38pm
post #6 of 8

the middle of kitchen cake should be the same as the middle of the 'real' cake. so whatever filling it has, the kitchen cake has.
and if the real cake has fondant, so does the kitcen cake.
xx

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 5:42pm
post #7 of 8

can mark your sheet into sqs and put a rose bud on each one. I use tip 63 (it's not a common one and would need to be ordered from Wilton or found in a cake supply shop - not Michael's or HL) to make a shell, then add tip 350 leaves on each side.
If you have a mold to make a small, flat rose you could use that. There is a Sculpty, (polymar clay) push mold that makes a 1" round flat rose.

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 5:45pm
post #8 of 8

I think sheet cakes, kitchen cakes, look and serve really nice if you score it for the number of servings and add a tiny rosebud, or something to go with the theme, on each square of cake. If only the servers are going to see the full cake, then this makes a cute decoration on each piece being served. Keep it simple and it takes only a few minutes with very pleasing results. I also do not add a border around the edge as this makes some pieces different from others.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%