Reese's Pb Cups In Cake??

Decorating By heather1 Updated 20 Apr 2009 , 7:12pm by sweetcravings

heather1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather1 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 10

I was given three 5 lb. bags of Reese's PB cup pieces and was wondering if I could mix these in my cake batter. I'm afraid the chocolate pieces would melt and go to the bottom of the pan and scorch. Has anyone tried this before? Any tips? TIA

9 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 10

No, but it sounds yummy.

When I add choc. chips to a batter, I dust them first in cocoa so they won't sink to the bottom of the cake. (Put them in a zip loc bag and add a teaspoon or so of cocoa and shake) Could you do something like that to the candy pieces???

heather1 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 10

I was thinking the same thing also, except I'm afraid the PB pieces are heavier than chocolate chips. Looks like I might just have to experiment and see. Thanks for the help!

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 10

OMG that sounds sooooo yummy!!!!

heather1 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 12:04am
post #5 of 10

Well I'm trying it right now, I will let you know how it turns out. I went ahead and chopped the Reese's up a little bit more (about the size of chocolate chips), dusted with flour. Hopefully it will turn out.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 12:35am
post #6 of 10

I'd be curious if it works too, pls keep us postd. i would think they would melt, since they often melt in your hands when you eat'em..the chocolate part that is.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:15am
post #7 of 10

What if you chill them then cut them into quarters (if they're mini's) or smaller if they're full sized? Then dust..

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 1:46am
post #8 of 10

Tell you what, make a chocolate cake with the PB cups in it, and fedex it to me. I'll let you know if it works. After I get back from the gym, that is. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

heather1 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:15am
post #9 of 10

Well, I made it but am dissapointed. The pieces didn't settle on the bottom like I thought they would, so that is good. But we cant taste the Reese's at all. So I guess it just all melted and baked into the cake, cant see them either. I made a chocolate cake and iced it in peanut butter frosting. So I guess you should save your time and money and not bother with the Reese's unless you mix it in the icing and use as a filling. icon_sad.gif Oh well.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 7:12pm
post #10 of 10

Bummer! Well, at least we all know now what will happen and won't waste our times. I kinda figured they would melt. I bet it still tasted great. Can't go wrong with PB and chocolate. ;0)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%