So Bummed!

Decorating By ajmccray Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 8:24pm by JGMB

ajmccray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajmccray Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 13

I had a busy this week planned, a cake for Tuesday, today, and tomorrow. Tuesday's went off without a hitch and I made the cake for today on Thursday night to deliver it to a girl I work with yesterday. While I was at work yesterday morning, I bent over to pick something up and had a sharp shooting pain thru my back. I then couldn't walk. I am a physical therapist so I self treated yesterday until it became impossible to move without excruciating, blinding pain, at which point my husband picked me up and we went to an Urgent Care center. Got a bunch of meds and called another friend to order an MRI for me. Had an MRI yesterday at 5 and have a disc problem, which I should be fine with a few days of rest. Sadly, I won't be able to do the cake for tomorrow icon_sad.gif It was for another girl I worked with and yesterday when I left she said "Don't at all worry about my cake, I can do something else." She is so sweet, but I am very bummed. I was so excited about it b/c it was for a personal bridal shower and I was going to do a Victoria's Secret box. It wasn't going to be the most difficult and I thought I might be able to so it but since I can't sit up and even change positions without horrible pain, I am conceding. Just had to share with you all, b/c I know you all know how I feel. Thanks for reading!!

Angela

12 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 13

Owwwww! Sorry this happened to you...Now lie down and keep still!

jguilbeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jguilbeau Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 13

Sending you prayers for a speedy recovery.

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 13

icon_sad.gif So sorry this happened. As a PT you know what's best - so follow that routine and you'll be back as good as new before you know it. Keep your cake idea for another time.

Get well soon!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 3:49pm
post #5 of 13

If it's true that misery loves company, I'm here to console you!!!

I, too, did something to my back yesterday icon_cry.gif -- it doesn't sound quite as bad as yours, but I'm going to FORCE myself to keep going!!!! I have the busiest week ever coming up, commitments every day and every night. Plus, I've promised 50 dozen cookies to someone for Tuesday night (luckily, I've made half and frozen them), a sheetcake for Wednesday noon and 2 pies for Thursday afternoon.

So, I feel your pain (literally icon_wink.gif )!!!! Take care of yourself!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:23pm
post #6 of 13

Aww... I'm sorry that happened. The good news is that your co-worker was really nice about the situation. Hope you're back feels better. Occasionally, I have bad back problems too. (Literally, can't move without screaming in pain). So I know that it can be tough.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:26pm
post #7 of 13

ouch! i've been there i know how you feel!! ((hugs)) wish i could help!

klhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klhayes Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:40pm
post #8 of 13

Since your co-worker is such a nice person perhaps you can make the cake for her a later time. Hope you feel better soon.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 11:53pm
post #9 of 13

That's so disappointing...it'll be more fun and probably come out nice when you are feeling better!

Get better soon!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:23am
post #10 of 13

There'll be plenty of cake orders when you're back up & running.
Enjoy your down time--read a good book or something fun and still.

(((big but very gentle hug)))

Hey I got it--buy some stuff on ebay!!!

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:30am
post #11 of 13

Phew! I'm glad it wasn't anything worse...I was worried that it was leading up to something way worse when I read the beginning of the post. Sending you my prayers for a quick recovery. It's great your client is so understanding.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 1:52am
post #12 of 13

how sad...i'm sure your friend understands...she cares more about your well-being than a cake. i know it's hard...but relax and try not to worry about it. icon_wink.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 8:24pm
post #13 of 13

Angela,

I want to apologize for hijacking your thread!!!! I was just so frustrated about my own stupid back and my busy week that I had to put it in writing.

I hope you're feeling MUCH, MUCH better! icon_razz.gif

My back's still killing me, but I did manage to get all of the baking done (as you can see in my photos, I wasn't doing my best decorating work!).

Again, I apologize, and I wish you the best of health!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%