Pricing Table Cakes!?!?!

Decorating By KrazyK8 Updated 17 Apr 2009 , 1:20am by KrazyK8

KrazyK8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyK8 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 12:39am
post #1 of 3

I have a request for Table Cakes serving 8-10 people. I'm not sure how to charge for them. I assume I would use a 6" and a 4". Would that work out to serve aprox. 16? I do NOT want to undercharge because they are going to be a lot of work!

Thank You!
Kate

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:03am
post #2 of 3

They don't get to pay for the number of people they expect to serve. They get to pay for the number of people the cake is designed to serve.

You are right ... they ARE extra work. I can bake a cake for 150 in one hour, in one batch, in one oven. But to bake 15 little cakes? Takes WAY more mixing/baking time and electricity and pans and cardboards and icing time....

Not to mention that working with smaller cakes is MUCH harder than working with a large cake!

So .. to me a 4/6 serves 8/12 = 20 servings times my $3.50-per-serving rate = $70 per cake. MINIMUM. (Psst .. just guessing on the 4" serving qty because bluntly I'd never work with a cake that small. I'd just refuse to.)

KrazyK8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyK8 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 1:20am
post #3 of 3

Thanks indydebi!
Yeah, I was just guessing how many a 4" served too...I'll just act like I know what I'm talking about when this bride comes on Saturday! I already warned her that it would be a more expensive route to take, but I'll make 'em if she's payin' the right price. Thanks for the advice!

Kate

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%