Help!!!

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 15 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm by Brownie1954

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 9

I'm wondering how to get the color of the red/orange in this invitation? And how can I make the animals big enough to "trace" onto fondant? I'm not good at free-handing.
LL

8 replies
Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 9

for the orange... I'd use a darkish orange and add a tiny bit of brown

for getting the animals bigger, do you have access to this design? could you print it out larger? or photocopy it larger then trace over the animals on parchment?

once you get the design onto parchment large enough you can pin prick the design onto fondant and color it in from there, if that was your intention... =D

HTH

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 9

Super cute invite! I would just enlarge the invite and then do what Atomikjen said.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 9

I agree...!
Edna icon_smile.gif

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 9

I found the invite on the internet & saved it, and I've enlarged a different invite before successfully. But for some reason, I just can't get this one to work. Thank you!

nia0524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nia0524 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 9

Get yourself a color wheel and mix from there...I'm thinking red, orange and white. As for the animals, just enlarge the images a few times and then maybe form them using fondant, giving a 3-dimensional look. Good luck. icon_lol.gif

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:22pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkoenig07

I found the invite on the internet & saved it, and I've enlarged a different invite before successfully. But for some reason, I just can't get this one to work. Thank you!

how's this?

I enlarged in in photoshop using genuine fractals... made it bigger... hope it works for you =D
LL

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:40pm
post #8 of 9

I enlarge the picture I want then take some wax paper (waxed side down) and lay it on the picture. Trace it with a pencil. Cut away the wax paper in a circle around the traced picture, so there isn't so much there. Lay it on the rolled out fondant, ( traced side up) and with an exacto knife, cut out the picture by following the traced drawing. icon_smile.gif

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:48pm
post #9 of 9

Of course color the fondant the color you want it before cutting out a picture, the add any additional docorations like the spots on the giraff icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%