Kitchaid Mixers

Decorating By MrsNewBaker Updated 16 Apr 2009 , 12:25pm by Luvsthedogs

MrsNewBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNewBaker Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 11:53am
post #1 of 6

I'm not sure if I'm posting this is the right area, but right now I have a sunbeam mixer but everything pushes to the sides of the bowl and i am constantly having to scrape and stir and spin my bowl in the opposite direction for it to mix right, so for a beginning baker that would love to expand in the future what do you think is the best kitchenaid mixer to get?

thanks for your input!! thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 6

There was a thread on this not too long ago. There is a kitchenaid attachment that scrapes the bowl down for you while mixing the mixture. It was really cool!! Maybe someone could send you the link. I wish I had it again!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 6

i'm not sure about the other thread but i LOVE my kitchenaide (and i want to get that paddle AND the pasta roller-rolling thin fondant?)

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 6

I am a hobbyist, not a professional. I have the KA Artisan and I love, love, love it (it's red and beautiful!). I don't know exactly what size it is, but I make 12 cups of buttercream at once with no problem.

I bought the beater blade a few weeks ago. It was the best 25 bucks I have ever spent.

HTH

Kim

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:29am
post #5 of 6

Yes -- that's it! The beater blade!! Thanks Kimblyd!

MrsNewBaker -- there is a little movie out there that shows you what this little thing does. I would just google it. It sounds exactly what you are looking for!!

Luvsthedogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luvsthedogs Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 12:25pm
post #6 of 6

I have a 6 qt KA and love it for mixing/kneading bread dough. I use it for caking, but would suggest a smaller one if you're buying it just for making cakes and icings.

I'm only doing this as a hobby and don't need to make huge quantities of icing. Looking at Sharon's (Sugarshack) video, she recommends filling up the mixer bowl with icing so it doesn't get air bubbles - very hard to do in a 6 qt mixer unless you are making enough for a couple of cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%