Amoretti Samples...

Decorating By pinkflower1212 Updated 16 Apr 2010 , 7:45pm by sweetcreationsbiz

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 8:14pm
post #31 of 52

I got my samples today....woo hoo!!! I didn't get some of the things I was interested in, just fruit compounds and swirls. Still...yummy FREE goodies! And no, I don't have a company. The lady who called me for follow up was very helpful and friendly. I can't wait to go try some!
If anyone can help me.....how much of the sample bottle did you use for one cake?

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 4:00pm
post #32 of 52

The paper that came with the samples has instructions on how to calculate the amount of compound/extract/etc per volume of icing, batter, etc. It's an easy conversion ~ look at that paper and you will see. icon_smile.gif

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:33am
post #33 of 52

I am thinking of using the wild strawberry swirl this weekend. Vanilla cake with the swirl mixed into bettercream for filling. Do you think that will taste ok, or is it really geared toward cheesecake? Thanks!

l_m_mena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l_m_mena Posted 1 May 2009 , 3:13am
post #34 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMom

If anyone can help me.....how much of the sample bottle did you use for one cake?

Because the compounds density is close to that of cake batter and buttercream, you can use % by volume. I calculated that I need 2 tsp per cup of icing, filling or batter to get 4%. If using in mousse, because it is lighter, you should use a little less less.

I tried both the raspberry and raspberry framboise compounds mixed with white chocolate truffle filling to fill chocolate cupcakes and they were great!!

pinkflower1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflower1212 Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:50pm
post #35 of 52

I got my 2nd box of Samples (these I requested) and my creative light switch is stuck in the on position I think. So here is what i got and some ideas on how I plan to use them:

Kiwi Compund: Thought of using with buttercreme & pairing it with a Strawberry WASC (got the idea from Kool-Aid Mix)

Blueberry Compound: Using to flavor the Buttercreme for a Lemon WSAC
Pina Colada Compound: Cinco de Mayo ! (Mexican Hat Dance song playing in head) Maybe in the Tropical Breeze WSAC on the Gourmet Thread or a Coconut Cake - Yum!
Black Cherry & Amaretto (both seperate compounds): Want to make a Black Cherry Amaretto Cake / Filling but not sure which will be cake and which filling

Concord Grape Extract: Saw somewhere (cupcake thread I think) about PB&J cupcakes. So there is a killer PB Filling/Buttercreme on here so I got this to flavor the cake.

Margarita Compound: Summertime! Strawberry Margarita's are one of my favorite drinks, so why not a cake. going to try it as a cake with Strawberry Filling, and the filp it and use the compound maybe in the cheesecake type filling with a stawberry cake.

Bubblegum Extract Oil: Using the Macsmom Rainbowlishous Cake from Gourmet thread but not sure yet how to use it; any ideas?

I also got a larger jar of:
Almond Modeling Marzipan
to try. Yum! That could be addictive.
Blanched Almond Flour
: Might use it in my Black Cherry Amaretto cake or maybe in some cookies.

I did get a price on the Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla w/ Seeds per email from Andrea:

"The pricing for our #323 Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Compound (w/ seeds) is as follows:

2.2 lbs $94.99 10 lbs $404.29" so they are quite expensive.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:09pm
post #36 of 52

I made a cheesecake this wekend and used mostly both 1 oz jars of wild strawberry swirl in the cheesecake...I was disappointed....thought the swirl would stay like preserves running through the cheesecake, but instead it baked into the cheesecake and I had lovely lines of pink swirl. was looking for more of a fruit swirl that would stay...anyone else try the swirls?

pinkflower1212 Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:33pm
post #37 of 52

I also have a Wild Strawberry Swirl sample. I was going to use it with my Stawberry Margarita cake. I thought that it would be more of a fruit swirl like you were looking for too. Haven't tried it yet, but if it bakes in, than maybe I might need to use preserves. Thanks for the heads up CandyLady

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:47pm
post #38 of 52

I tried it also like pinklady said - in my cake layer and it too baked right in .. and because my cake batter was lite pink allready you couldnt even see where I had swirled it .. maybe we just didnt have enuff from that sample I dunno - but next time I WILL use preserves .. I was so dissapointed! =(

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:49pm
post #39 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe-dreams

I am thinking of using the wild strawberry swirl this weekend. Vanilla cake with the swirl mixed into bettercream for filling. Do you think that will taste ok, or is it really geared toward cheesecake? Thanks!

I think your best bet is do it like you stated - into the filling! That will be yummy! Let us know how it was for you!

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:51pm
post #40 of 52

Just wanted to say I got my samples last week. Used the raspberry swirl in my lemon pound cake cupcakes and liked the results. The rep also told me they are now selling in the 4 oz size so you don't have to order the 2.2 lb tubs.

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:04pm
post #41 of 52

Hi all icon_smile.gif

I got my samples a month or so back (maybe more.. not sure). Anyway, I got about 40 different ones and i've used probably 20.

I LOVE the pistachio compound, it's delicious... but you do need to use a lot in order to get the potency desired (IMO).

There vanilla bean paste, compound, and spec'd extract are nothing to rave about.

The orange extract is delicious as is lemoncello (imo, of course).

I did not care for their strawberry stuff -- at all. It tasted kinda like cough syrup to me.

What else have people experimented with?

pinkflower1212 Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:07pm
post #42 of 52

Here is some more prices from Andrea. But I do have to say that some of them come in 4oz containers now - Yeehaw! I don't have to buy a 2 lb container! All of this was taken from the email Andrea sent me:

The pricing for the compound is as follows:

#2 Almond Marzipan 10 lbs $66.30 (this one is made with 50% SUGAR)

#116 Almond Marzipan 2 lbs $17.14 10 lbs $80.70
the #116 white Modeling Almond marzipan which contains almonds, it does not weep and it softens
the more you play with it. This is why the #116 is more expensive

#327 Pina Colada Compound 2.2 lbs $58.06 10 lbs $236.42
60 lbs #1391.52 This was very good in my NFSC cookies I made over the weekend. Not too coconutty, & had good flavor!

#303 Amaretto Compound 2.2 lbs $52.12
10 lbs $209.35 60 lbs $1100.16

#332 Black Cherry Compound 2.2 lbs $58.03
10 lbs $236.42 60 lbs $1391.52

#656 Bubblegum 1.9 lbs $110.52 4 oz $31.75

#515 Orange Zest Extract 1.9 lbs $119.27 4oz $49.45

#42 Raspberry Extract 2 lbs $125.12 4oz $32.53

Prices mentioned above are FOB Oxnard and may change without prior notice.

We also have the compounds available in 4oz containers. Please let me know if you require pricing for those as well.

l_m_mena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l_m_mena Posted 6 May 2009 , 7:42pm
post #43 of 52

Thanks for sharing the pricing info. I received just 5 samples from them, but haven't had a chance to try them all yet.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 6 May 2009 , 8:31pm
post #44 of 52

thank you for that link and the information!

So... does that mean if I'm a home baker, I can't request free samples? only businesses can?

pinkflower1212 Posted 6 May 2009 , 9:15pm
post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

thank you for that link and the information!

So... does that mean if I'm a home baker, I can't request free samples? only businesses can?

I do not do retail (Okie Law), but I do bake for family & friends, school functions etc. I don't think that you get as many, but they still send you some.

Customer Service rocks at Amoretti whether it be by phone or email.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 6 May 2009 , 9:30pm
post #46 of 52

So I used the strawberry swirl with my bettercream for filling. I tasted it straight from the jar and thought it was great. So I mix in a little, and you could barely taste it. I ended up using the whole jar (the 4 oz one). It still only had a faint strawberry taste. I was pretty disappointed, b/c I thought it would be delish. So thankfully I had some sleeve filling left over from another cake, and mixed it in as well. It turned out great with that added. I wonder if I did something wrong? Maybe it's just better suited for cheesecake or cake batter as PP said.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 6 May 2009 , 10:42pm
post #47 of 52

thanks, Pinkflower... I'll give them a call.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:14pm
post #48 of 52

I had the same problem..made a cheesecake using the strawberry swirl and used two small 1 oz jars they sent for samples. It actually baked into cheesecake and left pink swirls with not a whole lotta flavor. I did e-mail them and she told me I should use a lot more...that would get pretty pricey considering their prices. I think I will stick with preserves.

pinkflower1212 Posted 12 May 2009 , 6:19pm
post #49 of 52

l_m_mena posted this on the Gourmet thread
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=614554&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=2670

Here is the link for all of Amoretti's prices:
http://cakecentral.com/modules/Forums/files/amoretti_price_list_2009_106.pdf

It's a pdf so you will need to have adobe reader. And it's 39 pages.

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 16 May 2009 , 4:43am
post #50 of 52

I also emailed them about samples. They were sent 2 days ago. Im in FL so it may be a few days. I am so hoping they come in the mail tomorrow! I also spoke with Nayre and she seemed very nice. I think considering their prices, I would probably only order a special flavor if a bride wanted it for her wedding cake. Id make her pay for it. lol. Especially now if we can get it in smaller quantities that would be fantastic. Ive never used compounds before so Im curious about it. Do you have to use more of it than you would an extract? Is it kind of like a paste or something? Where else can you get compounds like these?

EDIT:
Oops sorry just realized I hijacked the thread...Ill let everyone know what I got when it comes in. Im excited! Ill let ya'll know what I make with it also. I really want to try some out in some chocolate or truffles or something like that. icon_smile.gif

maddie90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddie90 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 3:18am
post #51 of 52

One of the samples I received was the raspberry swirl. I mixed some fresh raspberries into it and used it as a filling for my WASC cake. It is yummy! I swirled some into my whipped icing and it gave it a subtle flavor.

sweetcreationsbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcreationsbiz Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 7:45pm
post #52 of 52

I called Amoretti last week and asked for a catalog and they sent me that plus samples. I also got what other people posted that they were sent last year.

Here's what I got:
Cappuccino-Tiramisu Compound
European Style Premium Blanched Almond Paste (that was yummy!)
Blanched Almond Flour
Raspberry Framboise Compound
Wild Strawberry Compound
Wild Strawberry Swirl
Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Compound with Seeds
Raspberry Extract - does not smell good or raspberry-y at all
Orange Zest Oil
Pineapple Compound
Basil Oil Extract (you know how good basil cake and buttercream are! LOL
Creme di Kahlua Compound
Limoncello Liqueur Flambe (because I regularly flambe my cakes)
Passionfruit Swirl
Mimosa Compound

I have to figure the conversions before I use them...not sure what I want to use. My husband will keep the Basil for making his famous bruschetta.

So today I was looking online for other similar companies to see if there is anyone who is cheaper or offer more and I came across this thread from last year and just wanted to post that they send the same samples no matter what unless you contact Nayre.

Have fun baking and using your samles.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%