2Nd Episode Last Cake Standing...spoiler Alert

Decorating By adven68 Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 10:06am by Rylan

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm
post #31 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomikjen

that being said... is it safe to admit here that I'll be fulfilling my externship requirement for school with Elisa? I start Monday and am THRILLED beyond belief!!! =D WOOHOO!

I'm so thankful with the upcoming changes in my career I'm on cloud 9 and it's made up of fluffy buttercream =9 LOL

Wow..that is FANTASTIC! Maybe we will see you on some of these future challenges.

Kudos. thumbs_up.gif

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 4:16pm
post #32 of 47

Did anyone see the thread about Texas cottege law started by Kelly. And Bronwen's husband chimed in. Did anyone notice the guy helping her on the challenge is her husband (Same name)?

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 5:06pm
post #33 of 47

Congrats on getting to work with Elisa! What a wonderful opportunity.

Foodnetwork is known for twisting what people say just like every other tv show to form drama. Bronwen is a class act and I don't think the show is showing her in her true light.

All of the cake decorators seem to actually respect each others talents I think, they are just competing against each other so that changes the field for the time being.

I really wish FN would drop the drama stuff and get back to the basics of these challenges.

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:46pm
post #34 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

Foodnetwork is known for twisting what people say just like every other tv show to form drama. Bronwen is a class act and I don't think the show is showing her in her true light.

All of the cake decorators seem to actually respect each others talents I think, they are just competing against each other so that changes the field for the time being.

I really wish FN would drop the drama stuff and get back to the basics of these challenges.

I couldn't agree with you more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeGe_Cakes

Wow..that is FANTASTIC! Maybe we will see you on some of these future challenges.

thanks =D I'd love to go on a challenge... perhaps after I get some years of experience under my belt icon_wink.gif LOL

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 6:56pm
post #35 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:

that being said... is it safe to admit here that I'll be fulfilling my externship requirement for school with Elisa? I start Monday and am THRILLED beyond belief!!! =D WOOHOO!

Congratufrickenlations!!!!

signed,
Equally
a) pea green with envy
and
b) so very very happy for you!!!!!!

Lemme know if you need someone to take notes for you!!! icon_lol.gif

Ditto!!!!

Lemme know if you need someone to take as back up in case K8's hand gets tired icon_wink.gif

Atomikjen Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 7:17pm
post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakery_chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:

Congratufrickenlations!!!!

signed,
Equally
a) pea green with envy
and
b) so very very happy for you!!!!!!

Lemme know if you need someone to take notes for you!!! icon_lol.gif

Ditto!!!!

Lemme know if you need someone to take as back up in case K8's hand gets tired icon_wink.gif

thank you thank you!

I'll keep you posted if I need someone to take notes icon_wink.gif LOL

this is going to be a wonderfully fantastic ride!!! =D

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 7:47pm
post #37 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

And thanks to whomever it was that Elisa reminded them of Jackie from That 70's show. I've been racking my brain about who she reminded me of and couldn't figure it out. Also does Michelle sort of remind them of Vala from Stargate (looks wise???).

OMG!! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif YES SHE DOES! I never really thought about that until you said that...LOL. And I am the one who thinks Elisa looks like Mila Kunis for That 70's show... I am a mega Stargate geek! icon_lol.gif

vmertsock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmertsock Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:02pm
post #38 of 47

Atomikjen-I did an internship with her too, it was amazing! I learned so much! Enjoy it, mine went much too fast. She was working on her second book at the time so I got to help out with a few things and see how they were done. It's really cool to look through the book now and say I remember her doing that!

Forgot to add, she also did her 6 foot sock monkey while I was there. I didn't get to see the practices or anything but I ended up carrying tons of batting all over NYC to get it to her. It was fun for my mom (who picked it up for me) to watch the show and laugh about how she bought that batting.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:03pm
post #39 of 47

I think TV editing creates much of the drama. I don't think Bronwen is snarky at all. I have taken a 2 days class with her and she is an awesome person and an awesome teacher. And yes her husband is her assistant. They got married last year.

Atomikjen Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:57pm
post #40 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmertsock

Atomikjen-I did an internship with her too, it was amazing! I learned so much! Enjoy it, mine went much too fast. She was working on her second book at the time so I got to help out with a few things and see how they were done. It's really cool to look through the book now and say I remember her doing that!

Forgot to add, she also did her 6 foot sock monkey while I was there. I didn't get to see the practices or anything but I ended up carrying tons of batting all over NYC to get it to her. It was fun for my mom (who picked it up for me) to watch the show and laugh about how she bought that batting.

when I interviewed with her she still had some of the things photographed in the Confetti Cakes for Kids book. I was in complete awe! Amazing work! I can't wait to start! =D

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 9:16pm
post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

Quote:

And thanks to whomever it was that Elisa reminded them of Jackie from That 70's show. I've been racking my brain about who she reminded me of and couldn't figure it out. Also does Michelle sort of remind them of Vala from Stargate (looks wise???).

OMG!! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif YES SHE DOES! I never really thought about that until you said that...LOL. And I am the one who thinks Elisa looks like Mila Kunis for That 70's show... I am a mega Stargate geek! icon_lol.gif

Me too!

Do you watch Stargate Atlantis too? I couldn't get into it when it 1st started, kind of like Star Trek Voyager, but ended up liking both as time went on. Now I want to watch them from the beginning again. icon_lol.gif Can you tell I'm a Sci Fi geek icon_lol.gif

Tortess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tortess Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 11:22pm
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2179

I think TV editing creates much of the drama. I don't think Bronwen is snarky at all. I have taken a 2 days class with her and she is an awesome person and an awesome teacher. And yes her husband is her assistant. They got married last year.

I'm really glad to hear that, because she was one of my favorites until this recent challenge. And thanks to all you posters for letting me know!

gidgetsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetsmom Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 5:53pm
post #43 of 47

I hate that the reality tv craze has made the networks think it's not a show without drama or "snarks". Don't they know that for us - the fabulous decorating is drama enough??? What's next? Buttercream fights in fondant bikini's to keep the mainstream interested?? Sheesh!! I haven't seen this episode yet but you can bet on the 19th I'll be tuned in!!

Atomikjen Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:20pm
post #44 of 47

it's seriously a bummer that one simple film edit could turn our feelings of our favorite decorators so quickly...

"we are but a kind and cheerful folk" I've never met a cake decorator or pastry chef who wasn't anything but awesome and nice... icon_wink.gif

I'd add lovely too, but I'm not sure the guy cake decorators or pastry chefs would like that too much LOL

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:25pm
post #45 of 47
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Me too!

Do you watch Stargate Atlantis too? I couldn't get into it when it 1st started, kind of like Star Trek Voyager, but ended up liking both as time went on. Now I want to watch them from the beginning again. icon_lol.gif Can you tell I'm a Sci Fi geek icon_lol.gif

Yes!...LOL! I too flip between Food Network and the SciFi channel... icon_lol.gif

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 1:27am
post #46 of 47

OH WOW I'd never thought I'd meet ppl that share both my passions, one for sci fi and one for cake!! I watch 1 episode of star trek every day!!!
sniff sniff it's awesome

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Me too!

Yes!...LOL! I too flip between Food Network and the SciFi channel... icon_lol.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 10:06am
post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirkd

But Im hooked! I cant wait to see the next one! Did anyone wonder why they show Jennifer Matsubara on the commercial? Is there another challenge coming up like this or something? I tell yah, Im hooked on these cake shows!

I don't know what you are talking about but I did have a small chat with Jennifer Matsubara a while back and she did mention that an episode with her is going to aire on May 17th.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%