Can Cookies With Toba's Glace Be Frozen?

Baking By iheartcookies Updated 13 Apr 2009 , 2:25pm by iheartcookies

iheartcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iheartcookies Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 6

I have been trying new icings for the last couple weeks to find which I like best, I loved the RBC last week but no matter what I did I could not get it on my cookie properly, bummer. Today I tried toba's glace, so far I am loving it! quick and easy to make, perfect consistency right away and looks awesome so far so I think the glace is going to be my icing winner, but I am curious if it can be frozen? I liked the RI since I could make my cookies ahead of time and freeze, if I can freeze toba's with no problems I will be one happy baker!!

5 replies
drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 6

that's a good question!
i love glace but have never tried it (i never have any left, lol, a drawback to having a 5 year old).
i will watch your post!
diane

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 5:57am
post #3 of 6

Freeze cookies separated between wax paper in an airtight container. Be sure to use the white gel in your icing to avoid splotching.

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 5:02am
post #4 of 6

I froze mine and the frosting got all wierd in a few days. I don't know if it's because I didn't add white to it like HoneyDukes said, but it was like there were snowflake patterns all on the surface of the cookie, but in the frosting. I did them layered in parchment in an airtight container.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 12:04pm
post #5 of 6

I have not had good results when freezing cookies with the glace. Like HeidiCrumbs experienced, the icing took on a crackled, cloudy appearance. Granted, I haven't been brave enough to see if adding the white to the icing eliminates this problem. I know that it helped keep iced cookies nice in the refrigerator (even that made the icing funny), but I don't know if it would help with freezing them. I would say do a test and see what happens.

iheartcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iheartcookies Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 2:25pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone. I have been adding white to the glace when I make it so I am hoping, like honeydukes says, that this works for me, I think I will make a few this week as a test to make sure

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%