Pregnant Belly Cake

Decorating By Jillian0326 Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 2:26am by cylstrial

Jillian0326 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jillian0326 Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 8

I am using two cupcakes and a soccer ball pan to make the cake, how should i lay the fondant so that it sits correctly in the groves and not tear?

7 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 8

i did my boob cake more by carving, but to do the fondant, i just made sure i had rolled plenty extra, and when i put it ove rthe cake, settled the fondant in the cleavage first!
so id say for a belly cake, kind of start lying it on the belly, make sure it gets in the crease between boob and belly, and then inbetween the boobs.
and you could always cover belly and boobs seperatly, make a border in the dress under the bust, like those smock dresses.
good luck!
xx

Jillian0326 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:45am
post #3 of 8

good ideas thank you!

crazygravy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazygravy Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:01am
post #4 of 8

Jillian, that is exactly what I'm working on also. I am a total newbie and have so many questions. How are you doing the design on your dress?

melhoneybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melhoneybee Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:02am
post #5 of 8

you just want to make sure that you put a layer of frosting over the cake first to bridge that seam/gap between the boobs and the belly and make it look more natural. This will also help the fondant to stick to the cake. icon_smile.gif

DaisyLisa17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaisyLisa17 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:04am
post #6 of 8

I did my belly cake in seperate parts. I cut out the dress part and then the 2 pieces for over the boobs. However for my lingerie cake, when I was covering the boobs, I just made sure to lay the fondant over one boob at a time and tried to help the fondant lay in between them before I covered the second one.

Hope this helps! Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

Jillian0326 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:22am
post #7 of 8

I think I might do separate pieces because I think I want to have cleavage. So I guess I need to lay pieces of "skin" and then the pieces of the dress and cover up the seems to make it look like trim around the collar of the shirt. The shirt will be blue (its a boy) and the trim along with a bow nestled between the breasts and belly will be a nice shade of green (mommy's favorite color).

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:26am
post #8 of 8

The belly should be easy because you can let the fondant flow over the sides. I love the little momma belly cakes! Post a pic for us!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%