What Cake To Make?

Decorating By Ashlie2009 Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 3:30am by mirda6275

Ashlie2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashlie2009 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 3:01am
post #1 of 4

I have only had course one. there is someone at my work that is leaving so iam suppose to make her a cake. Any ideas about what to put on it. Iam not to good a roses but they dont look to bad.

3 replies
poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 3:11am
post #2 of 4

Why not try a basketweave, it's pretty simple. Then you can fill in the top with roses, and by the time you get it filled up you'll be a pro! icon_smile.gif

aliciag829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciag829 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 3:26am
post #3 of 4

Hey. Check out the "First Time Cakes" album in the galleries for some ideas on something you might want to make. Hope that helps.

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 3:30am
post #4 of 4

If you've only done Course 1 basket weave may be a bit tricky, but it looks nice when it's done. If you have the practice board you can try it out on the sheets and see if it's something you want to do. What size/shape cake are you going to make? IMHO I would make it simple--one color icing with a different colored border (i.e. shell border) and take time with the writing so it looks nice.

I'm no expert, and my roses are definitely iffy the first few I do in a sitting, but I've discovered my co-workers don't see half the flaws that I do and where I see a sloppy falling down rose, they see something they can't do and are generally impressed...or at least grateful that there is cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%