Funky Capital Alphabet+Number Cutter Set From Country Kitche

Decorating By Creative_chika Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 3:34am by Christina222

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 9

Has anyone bought Funky Capital Alphabet and Number Cutter Set from Country Kitchen:

These cutters are designed to create fine, elegant motifs; therefore, your fondant or gum paste must be rolled very thin.
Each letter is approximately 3.5 cm to 4 cm tall.

Did you like it? Was it worth your money? I don't want to buy it and then be upset with the product.

Thanks!

8 replies
skaggs1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skaggs1 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 9

I just ordered it yesterday so I'll let ya know!! Can't wait to get it!

skaggs1 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 9

skaggs1 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 9

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:09am
post #5 of 9

Okay! Thanks!

Christina222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina222 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:24am
post #6 of 9

I ordered them from a different vendor, I got both upper and lower case. I love the look of them, but they are tricky to transfer from where you cut them out to the finished product. In my pictures (the only cake I have used them on) is a stacked pink cake, I used the funky letters on it and you can see on the bottom party where it says Happy Retirement the m is very thin and the others aren't. I didn't find that thickness mattered too much, in fact the thicker ones were easier to deal with. Overall I love them and the look of them!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 1:05am
post #7 of 9

you can check out aine2 & tonedna's youtube tutorials on how to use those, they're both great!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:28am
post #8 of 9

I have them and I love them. They were weird to work with at first, because they weren't what I was expecting. I thought you could use them with only fondant and turns out you have to use gumpaste or 50/50 (gumpaste/fondant). But I do really like them. They are really fun and neat. I actually bought the script kind as well because I liked the funky ones so much!

Christina222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina222 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 3:34am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

I thought you could use them with only fondant and turns out you have to use gumpaste or 50/50 (gumpaste/fondant).

I used them with straight 100% fondant. SI brand. Why is that not recommended? I thought they came out ok for my first time... Did I miss something?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%