The Easiest Way To Make Picket Fence?

Decorating By SweetSweetCreations Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 7:21pm by SweetSweetCreations

SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 10

I want to make a garden cake for easter. I have the veggies and bunny sculpted out of gumpaste/fondant mixture. But what would you reccomend for the fence. I would like it to be pretty uniform. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

9 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 10

Hi, can't you use the same gumpaste/fondant mix to cut them out? Here is a template from the sketches section,

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-65777.html

HTH. icon_smile.gif

SweetMelissa2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMelissa2007 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:57am
post #3 of 10

I agree with bashini, just cut from gumpaste/fondant mix. Or, if you want something not edible, you can pick up wooden fence pieces at Wal-Mart and paint whatever color you want. If you want to look at my pics I did a wedding shower cake that had edible picket fence on the top cake and wooden ones around the cake plate for the bottom 2 tiers.

SweetSweetCreations Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:05am
post #4 of 10

Thank you I am going to use the pattern. This site make life so much easier

MBoyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBoyd Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:21am
post #5 of 10

I once made a picket fence for a garden cake out of sticks of chewing gum. I just cut a point on the top of each piece and applied them to the cake.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:42am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoyd

I once made a picket fence for a garden cake out of sticks of chewing gum. I just cut a point on the top of each piece and applied them to the cake.

Sticks of gum! Who would have thought! I love all the ideas that ccer's come up with. icon_smile.gif

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:52am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoyd

Sticks of gum! Who would have thought! I love all the ideas that ccer's come up with. icon_smile.gif

Woow super idea!!! thumbs_up.gif

cakesbyshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyshell Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:35pm
post #8 of 10

You could also use royal icing or color flow, just a thought. icon_rolleyes.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 1:43pm
post #9 of 10

Oh! icon_eek.gif I love the idea of the sticks of gum... no rolling gumpaste to the same thickness. No cutting, and cutting and cutting... I'm going with that idea the next time I have to make a fence!

SweetSweetCreations Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 7:21pm
post #10 of 10

The ideas here are good. Gum..... I would have never thought of that. Thanks so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%