Shower Cake Is Gonna Look Like A Wedding Cake

Decorating By lainalee Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 11:20pm by ivgotahalo

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 4

I have a bridal shower cake that the grooms mother (a friend) has ordered. They are getting married in Jamaca on the beach of course, so she says she wants this cake to have the figurines (bride and groom) to look like them, hair color and such, and standing under an arch with flowers on it. To me this is gonna look like a wedding cake.
I was thinking of something like this but only one tier and just sand on top with a heart and inititals ingraved in the sand.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
LL

3 replies
juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 4

What about something with blue icing, like this.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1151112

It would help take away that "wedding cake" feel and you could still put the couple on the top like the client wanted.

I'm assuming she wants you to make the figurines... why not put them in casual beachwear? A sarong for the bride, rolled pant legs for the groom. Something like this:

http://www.weddingstyle.ca/Ocean%20Beach%20Couple%20Cake%20Topper.JPG

HTH

madewithlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madewithlove Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 4

I saw one cake that was absolutely beautiful and thought it would be a good shower cake. it was just a large round cake... with bright blue waves all around it. The board was covered in grahm cracker crumbs and looked like sand... the tops of the waves had white caps, and it looked like they were made out of icing and sugar crystals. it was so simple so so fun. i loved it. just an idea.

ivgotahalo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivgotahalo Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 4

I LOVE yourheart with the initials in it!! I have to do a cake just like this in two weeks. I might steal that idea from you! Are you thinking of using gram crackers or brown sugar? I'm thinking brown sugar would hold the heart and initials better...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%