Looking For Digital Scale Recommendation

Baking By cindy58 Updated 8 Apr 2009 , 2:16pm by delisa01

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 8

Weighing rather than using measuring cups sounds like a great idea. For those of you who use them, can you recommend a particular model or place to purchase one? Thanks!

7 replies
tljkids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tljkids Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 8

Actually, I purchased a scale from the post office for weighing packages for postage. When I decided to try weighing my flour rather than measuring in cups, I just used my postage scale.

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 8

I bought the Escali from Amazon and love it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SORVUA/?tag=cakecentral-20

Delia

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 8

I'm not an expert on them but mine is a Salter stainless steel one from Bed Bad & Beyond and I just love it. Simple to use.

cindy58 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the replies!

The one you recommended, Delia, looks great! People sound very pleased with it from the reviews. Free shipping too!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 8

I have a really small one from Bed Bath and Beyond as well. In fact, I think it's a Salter too. It's excellent. I actually bought it for weighing my food, like chicken and steak, etc. But I ended up using it for cake stuff.

My only complaint is that it's so small. I really need to get a much bigger one that has room to work with. So that's my only recommendation. Buy one that has a little bit of room to work with. My 4 cup bowl doesn't fit on the one I have.

cindy58 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 12:32pm
post #7 of 8

I went ahead and ordered the one delisa01 has -- and I snuck a new cookie book onto the order too!

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 2:16pm
post #8 of 8

Your welcome! That sneaking in a cookie book sounds like something I would do. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%