Decorating By wendydou Updated 7 Apr 2009 , 7:07pm by 2txmedics

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 3

Is Tylose the only way to make fondant more pliable??

Where is the best place to get it??


2 replies
gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 3

I'm sure someone else will have more information, but I think you can also mix 50/50 gum paste and fondant, or use Wilton gum-tex. The gum tex you can get at Michaels or online at Wilton. The tylose you can get online and maybe some decorating supply stores if you have any where you live. HTH!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 3

Ok, yes you can mix 50/50 gumpaste/fondant...or you can go out and buy tylose, which hardens your fondant. I did this 2wks ago for a tiara.

I bought it at the cake shop store, not in a grocery store, or a michaels, etcs...and I was looking for a liquid, its a powder runs about 9-10.00 and is a jar like a spice. plastic.

To make my fondant more pliable I put it in the microwave for about 6-10secs, making soft. hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%