? About Strawberry Filling

Decorating By sandy1 Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 7:26pm by sandy1

sandy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy1 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 9

I have a customer who would like strawberry filling for her wedding cake. I don't have the refrigeration space for a large cake order and I'm wondering if there is a strawbeery filling that doesn't need refrigeration?? I purchased a filling from a cake supply store but they weren't sure if it needed refrigeration once it was opened. The brand name of the filling is CK Products. Has anyone used this product? Can I fill the cake and be able to leave it for a few days without refrigeration???? Help!!!
Thanks,
S

8 replies
cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 9

Maybe someone else can help on the CK product filling. But there is a great recipe for a berry filling (you can use a variety of berries) in the recipe section. It has liquer in it which is supposed to help with preserving it. I have tried that one and it is good. Here is the link (I hope it works this time.)
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4143-Raspberry-Puree-Filling.html

marisanovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisanovy Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 9

Hi there.

I use the same product CK filling for my cakes. As far as I know you can leave the cake with the filling out of the fridge.

My avatar is a birthday cake that I made and the leftover cake stayed out in the garage for a whole week. That was in October.

I used bavarian cream and strawberry CK for filling.

I think that as long the cake is covered it can last for a while.

Please correct me anyone if I'm wrong, but I never had a problem.

Good luck. HTH

sandy1 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 9

How many days do you think the CK filling will stay good without refrigeration. This cake will not be refrigerated for at least 3 days!
There seems to be quite a bit of preservatives in the CK filling so I'm hoping it will be ok to use. The store where I purchased it didn't have much information about it. Is it like a strawberry jam??

marisanovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisanovy Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 2:02am
post #5 of 9

It is like a strawberry jam.

I think it will depend on how is the weather around your neck of the woods. I mean, if is not too hot, the cake should hold fine. Mine did, but it was pretty cold in my garage.

After opening the package needs to be refrigerated.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 2:10am
post #6 of 9

I'm pretty sure that the store that I purchased mine at told me that it didn't have to be refridgerated on the cake. So I think it's probably fine for three days. You could always call the customer service dept at Country Kitchen and ask them. I think it's www.countrykitchensusa.com or something like that. Just google them. They are based out of Fort Wayne, IN.

sandy1 Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 4:02pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks, I will place a call to the CK customer service department on Monday. I tried calling today but they were closed.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:04pm
post #8 of 9

I also wanted to second what marisanovy said. The lady at the shop also told me that once you open the package, you refrigerate the package of filling. Let us know what they have to say. Thanks!!

sandy1 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:26pm
post #9 of 9

I called CK Products and was told that the citrus fruit fillings would remain fine for a max of 72 hours without refrigeration, if sealed between the cake layers and the cake was iced. Any of their creme fillings are good without refrigeration for a max of 48 hours. The woman representative told me this was under cool conditions. If your house is air conditioned or is below 75 degrees. If you live in a warm climate the cake should be refrigerated.
She told me there is a product called Icing Fruit that can be mixed in with buttercream icing for a filling. She said it works great, she uses it all the time. She told me she decorates cakes too.
Hope this info. is helpful.
Sandy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%