Easter Basket

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 4 Apr 2009 , 5:43pm by bashini

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 2

I just wanted to let you all know what a cute Easter Basket/bowl I made last night. I do not have pics at this point becasue it is still drying and needs to be decorated and filled but it worked so well i wanted to share. I took my wilton rolling cutter (i know how much we all love this little tool. NOT!) and cut gum paste into scalloped strips then wove them together as if makeing a lattice top for a pie (but closer together) then layed it all over the back side of a plastic cereal bowl. I then pressed the shape to fit the bowl and at the lip of the bowl i pinched and smoothed the gum paste to make a decorative rim. I let it dry overnight and slid the plastic bowl out. It is so cute and When filled with easter grass, gum paste flowers and little candy eggs, it will look perfect on a spring time cake (I hope). You could even fill it with candy and other treats for a easter morning suprise for your child.

1 reply
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 2

Hi, It sounds great! Can't wait to see it. Hope you can post a picture soon! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%