ediblecrations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ediblecrations Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 18

What is the easiest way to make dasies to go on a wedding cake? icon_smile.gif

17 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 18

I think fondant or gum paste is the easiest.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 18

Gumpaste or 50/50 mix of fondant and gumpaste! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 18

Agree w/them ^^^^^ icon_smile.gif
The other way is w/royal icing. If you pipe well it is an option but I don't like making RI and have thrown out more leftover than I could ever use in years icon_sad.gif

salsaman42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabeyCakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabeyCakey Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 12:17am
post #6 of 18

My vote is for gumpaste. I made these daisies for a co-worker's cake this week...very simple.
LL

whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitet4 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 1:05am
post #7 of 18

I just used fondant on my ladybug cake. I used the wilton cutters. Cut them out stuck them in the freezer to harden up a bit( I hate when i try and lift them and petals get distorted), and then let them dry. I used a little bit of vodka on a paint brush to sharpen up the edges.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 1:45am
post #8 of 18

Easiest? Buy 'em.

Other than that, what ^^^ said.

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 1:59am
post #9 of 18

i just made a wedding cake with hundreds of daises i never want to make another daisy for as long as i live. I used a wilton Daisey cutter and used a veining tool to make the line in the middle of each petal i just used fondant with a little bit of gumtex and for the centers i used royal icing and a number 3 tip. here is a pic
LL

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:03am
post #10 of 18

Shelley, that's precious! What a great accomplishment. At least it didn't kill you, then you'd be 'pushing up daisies." LOL 'scuse the pun!

icon_lol.gif

I'm always on the end voting for gumpaste or fondant/gumpaste mix. Wilton's daisy cutter is affordable and easy to use. A daisy is one of the easier flowers to master.

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:06am
post #11 of 18

[quote="Win"]Shelley, that's precious! What a great accomplishment. At least it didn't kill you, then you'd be 'pushing up daisies." LOL 'scuse the pun!

lol.....thats one way to look at it

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 1:45pm
post #12 of 18

Wow Shelly! Your cake is worth the effort it took to put it together. IT IS LOVELY!!!!!! So bright and sunny, I love it!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 1:53pm
post #13 of 18

It's a knockout!! Great job!

SweetMelissa2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMelissa2007 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 11:33pm
post #14 of 18

Gumpaste/fondant mix is def the way to go. I also used the Wilton cutter with the veining tool. I made the center "dot" from the fondant/gumpaste then wet it a little and dipped the top in granulated sugar. It gives it a textured look just like a real daisy. I also let some dry flat and some in flower formers so they were rounded. You can see mine on my baby booties cake in my photos.

carnitram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carnitram Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:51pm
post #15 of 18

I did the same as Shelly101, I had MMF and added a little of the wilton Gum-Tex it worked great and dried hard. My nieces and nephews ate them all and said they tasted good too. icon_smile.gif

carnitram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carnitram Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:52pm
post #16 of 18

I did the same as Shelly101, I had MMF and added a little of the wilton Gum-Tex it worked great and dried hard. My nieces and nephews ate them all and said they tasted good too. icon_smile.gif

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:05pm
post #17 of 18

I love making daisies. They are quick & easy

I agree w/ pp'ers - fondant or gumpaste or a 50/50 mix - whatever you prefer working with

piping them w/ RI is easy, too, but I like doing them in fondant

I, too, wet the center and lightly press yellow sugar or cake sparkles or whatever to give the center that texture. Looks more realistic to me

didi5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didi5 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:36pm
post #18 of 18

Your cake is so precious Shelly!

I agree with most people here. The easiest way would be to use gum paste or combination of gum paste and fondant. I have use just fondant too and it worked out fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%