Tree Cake

Decorating By kayeldesign Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 10:02pm by kayeldesign

kayeldesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayeldesign Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 7

I am about to make a baby shower cake with baby forest animals. I am in need of some ideas of how to make a tree that would be 3D. My idea is to construct a tree that is upright and then form the animals and display them around the tree. The tree doesn't have to be out of cake but I would like to fondant what ever the idea. Any help would be appreciated and pics too.

6 replies
paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 7

I made tree stump, it was not the one with the face on it. I think those are so cute, but mine was for my daughters lumberjack theme party. but I have seen the stumps with little animals around them.It's in my picture if you want to take a look. If it's what your looking for I'll tell you how I did it. If not do a search just using the word tree and you might find exactly what you're looking for. I found a lot of different ones when I was doing the stump. Good luck.

wverbest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wverbest Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 7

if you search the gallery "tree cake" I had several cute ones pop up. good luck

salsaman42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
salsaman42 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:17am
post #4 of 7

get some grape stems, wash & let dry well, then pipe royal icing leaves all over it. attach to a pretzel rod, use as is or cover the pretzel with icing to look like a trunk...

beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 7

I made a tree for my tree house in the gallary. I used rice crispy treats covered in pastallage. Then Imixed yellow green and brown with vodca and I painted it. Hope this helps.

QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 7

I made a tree for a little girl's 1st birthday. It's in my pictures and called Fairy tree. I referenced the instructions in a Wilton yearbook for it, and it used the Wilton Tall Tier stand. I'd be happy to PM you with instructions if you'd like.

kayeldesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayeldesign Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 10:02pm
post #7 of 7

I am going to look into everyone's suggestions. I just wanted to thank all of those that responded!! I am very appreciative!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%