Decorating By DLo912 Updated 2 Apr 2009 , 9:52pm by kentuckyjode

DLo912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DLo912 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 4


I was wondering how you get the edges of a "blanket" that goes on top of an already fondant covered cake to look scalloped or rounded on the edges? Does anyone know what I mean? I tried to do this the other day for a cake and used the circular fondant cutter around the edges of a rolled out, circular piece of fondant, and it didn't turn out right and it was lopsided. Anyone have some suggestions? Is there a special tool you should use?

Thank you in advance for any help!


3 replies
Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 4

I bought the Wilton pastry wheel for cutting my fondant, works much better than the plastic ones available. It has 2 wheels on it, one is straight and the other is fluted, makes a nice edge on fondant and is easy to use.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 4

There are special cutters for it.

kentuckyjode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kentuckyjode Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 4

what special cutters?

Quote by @%username% on %date%