Question...placing My First Order For Sps!

Decorating By tarheelgirl Updated 10 Apr 2009 , 1:48am by tarheelgirl

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 10

For those of you who have used SPS is this the correct separator plates to use? Which pillars are the correct ones? Just want to get it right since I need it next weekend. No time to make a mistake.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=21169 icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 10

For a 12" cake yes, that's right. The pillars...usually called GCS4 or something to the effect of Grecian columns, 4 of them (naturally), but they come in packs of 12, I think. I don't get them from Global, so their item numbers may differ.

tarheelgirl Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 10

Great! Yes, I found the pillars also on Global Art.

tarheelgirl Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 10

I received my plates and pillars today. I ordered a plate for every tier I am doing. So if I am reading correctly.. the bottom tier you would just put on the base that is supporting the entire cake such as a cake board. Then each additional tier you put on the SPS plate. For some reason I ordered the bottom layer and should not have. Anyway, can't wait to try it out..

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 9:44pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelgirl

I received my plates and pillars today. I ordered a plate for every tier I am doing. So if I am reading correctly.. the bottom tier you would just put on the base that is supporting the entire cake such as a cake board. Then each additional tier you put on the SPS plate. For some reason I ordered the bottom layer and should not have. Anyway, can't wait to try it out..

thumbs_up.gif

Yep, for example, for a 3 tier, 10, 8 and 6, you would need an 8" and a 6" plate, and a total of 8 legs.

tarheelgirl Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 10

Guess I should have researched more before buying all 3 plates! LOL I thought about leaving the top tier off until I set up. But then I have read that some deliver all tiers stacked without any issues. I have to go into a driveway with a large hill!!

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 10:46pm
post #7 of 10

Do you still put the cakes on cardboard before putting on the SPS plate? Is that the actually cake base?

Paul & Peter

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:33am
post #8 of 10

There is a sticky tutorial at the beginning to the How Do I forum that shows you exactly how to use the SPS. Love mine.

Angfastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angfastic Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:48am
post #9 of 10

Tarheelgirl, I transported a 4 tier wedding cake fully assembled using the sps system and I had to go up a very steep and winding hill. I was so nervous, but the sps system rocks, the Cake didn't move icon_smile.gif .

tarheelgirl Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:48am
post #10 of 10

I am using it for the 1st time tomorrow! icon_biggrin.gif Well, I guess 3 tiers should be fine then. I just can't get past the center dowel not being there. I know it is false security but still... icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%