Chocopan Vs Sweet Inspirations?

Decorating By dandelion56602 Updated 1 Apr 2009 , 9:04pm by dandelion56602

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 9

Just wondering if you guys have used either or both? Are they the same? Similar enough?

I was just going to add it to regular fondant & experiment w/ rolling thinner than regular fondant & taste too.

8 replies
PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 9

I asked Daniel at Caljava about the two. He said that they were both pretty much the same, both using white chocolate. I've used Sweet Inspirations and it is yummy, but very soft. I've also used Fondex and it is amazing. Kneading it is key to it's ease of use and you can combine it with the white chocolate fondants to give them more stability without messing up the taste. Hope this helps!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:22pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennySue

I asked Daniel at Caljava about the two. He said that they were both pretty much the same, both using white chocolate. I've used Sweet Inspirations and it is yummy, but very soft. I've also used Fondex and it is amazing. Kneading it is key to it's ease of use and you can combine it with the white chocolate fondants to give them more stability without messing up the taste. Hope this helps!

Penny how is the Fondex just by itself as far as taste? I've been interested in trying it. I do like Choco-Pan but don't nuke it like the instructions say if it's a little hard because it'll get greasy on you. Just use the warmth of your hands to knead it and it'll start to soften up. I'd also like to try the Sweet Inspirations and the Pettinice, too.

Julie

PennySue Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:13am
post #4 of 9

Personally, I think the taste of Fondex is far superior to Pettinice, although I have used that also. The thing about Fondex is that it is soooo user friendly. Again, kneading it with shortening on your hands is really important in order to get the smooth, elastic feel you want, but when handled right, it is amazing. I really found it less apt to crack at the edges, and repairs are very easy to fix.
If you like white chocolate, then Sweet Inspriations is really good, it's just very, very soft and not as sturdy as Fondex. Caljava suggests mixing them.
Penny

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:32am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennySue

Personally, I think the taste of Fondex is far superior to Pettinice, although I have used that also. The thing about Fondex is that it is soooo user friendly. Again, kneading it with shortening on your hands is really important in order to get the smooth, elastic feel you want, but when handled right, it is amazing. I really found it less apt to crack at the edges, and repairs are very easy to fix.
If you like white chocolate, then Sweet Inspriations is really good, it's just very, very soft and not as sturdy as Fondex. Caljava suggests mixing them.
Penny

Terrific info....thanks, Penny!

PennySue Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:20am
post #6 of 9

One other thing...when kneading fondant, any for that matter, it's best not to knead as you would bread by folding it into itself. That is how air bubbles get into the fondant. I was taught by Daniel to soften the fondant in my hands first (not too large of a piece). Then to roll it out like a long snake. Bring the ends together and with one hand roll away from yourself while rolling towards yourself with the other. It will roll into a nifty sort of rope with no bubbles. Repeat this adding shortening until it is a smooth and elastic. Seriously, no bubbles!

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:03am
post #7 of 9

Chocopan and Sweet Inspiration is made by the same manufacturer. The Sweet Inspiration is supposed to be a somewhat firmer fondant, but they are very similar.

PennySue Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 8:35pm
post #8 of 9

True. I found Sweet Inspriation to be pretty soft. I spoke with Kerry Vincent and she also advised combining it with the Fondex.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 9:04pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks. I had planned on mixing the 2 or w/ Michele Foster's fondant.

What an interesting tip about rolling fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%