Decorating Pens

Decorating By lrj4 Updated 4 Apr 2009 , 3:01pm by alanaj

lrj4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrj4 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:20am
post #1 of 6

Has anyone every used a decorating pen for writing with icing, and if so, which do you recommend?

5 replies
CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:12am
post #2 of 6

I bought some I forgot what the exact name is, but the tips on these pens are long & I hate them. They are kinda hard to use ...When I go back I plan on buying the ones that have a blunt tip just like a pen/marker

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 6

I bought some at Michaels, I think it had blue, black, red, green and maybe yellow. Cant remeber the name. But I didnt like how it turned out. I didnt like them! It kind of smugded all over.

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 6

I kind liked the ones I got.. I purchased them at McCalls they worked well, not smudgey... great on fondant and gumpaste... I dunno, maybe some brands are better than others??

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 6

I used Gourmet Writer from Americolor...they are fine point and very nice to write with.. If you are coloring something in, you may want more of a blunt tip, but these are great for writing.....

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 3:01pm
post #6 of 6

I have the Wilton blunt tip and I hate them. I have the Americolor fine tip on order though. I've heard good things about them. I think the brand will definitely make a difference. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%