Cupcake Display

Business By crumbcake Updated 4 Apr 2009 , 7:07am by ivgotahalo

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 2:47am
post #1 of 15

Does anyone know where you can buy those cupcake holders (for a lack of a better word) that you see in the cupcake stores. They are usually plexiglass or acrylic and they have holes cut into them so the cupcake fits nicely inside. The big name stores, Vanilla, Magnolia display their cupcakes on a shelf with these. I don't think they would be too willing to give me this info. I was hoping they could be purchased and not custom made. Thanks

14 replies
Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 15

Sorry I can't help, but hopefully somebody will know the answer. It's a question I've wondered about myself.

crumbcake Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 15

Well Mme-k,

Maybe we will both be lucky and someone will have the answer.
Anyway, thanks for your reply.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 15

The ones with the holes are custom made. We have one, and honestly I don't like it because you end up having to squeeze the cupcakes a little to get them out. We like our displays that we get that are intended for perfume displays at department stores. They are cheap ($50) and if they crack, you can order just one replacement piece instead of a whole new display.

pieceofcake20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceofcake20 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 15

Where did you get your perfume display at?

crumbcake Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:11am
post #6 of 15

Snarkybaker, I have no idea what you mean by perfume displays, anyway where do you get yours from? They might work for me as well. Do you have a bake shop? I would appreciate if you could reply.

snarkybaker Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:28am
post #7 of 15

We got ours from Aarco displays.
http://www.aarcodisplay.com

I have a shop. We sold 53,000 cupcakes last year.

crumbcake Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:50am
post #8 of 15

Thanks for the site, I'll check it tomorrow, had too much Lemoncello! (just kidding) I did make Lemoncello Meringue cupcakes today. Wow, 53,000 in one year thats great. I can't even sell 2 dz. in a week! I have great opportunity, my son has a deli/bakery restaurant, but our customers are retired, fixed income, and diabetic! We do have several younger customers on the weekends, who do buy and enjoy, but not enough so far. I'll keep trying. Right now I display them in a deli case (cold) and that's not so great to appreciate the taste, but they do last a few days longer. I thought the display would help too! Thanks so much for the info, may I contact you in the future for any other help?

snarkybaker Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:56am
post #9 of 15

If you are looking for something to set up for customers, try one of these instead. I really don't like open cupcake displays where people can touch the cupcakes before they buy them...Who knows where those hands have been?? icon_confused.gif

http://display-case-showcase.com/DonutPastry/acrylic_bakery_display_cases.htm

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:40am
post #10 of 15

I agree with snarkybaker... even as a customer, I would pass on food that was kept out in the open. Who knows what has settled on it or who has touched it right? I would think it might be a health code violation too.

crumbcake Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 5:39am
post #11 of 15

Your both right, all of our cases are closed and out of the customers reach. What do you find is the best frosting, other than buttercream, for cupcakes. I've made some with the Rich's bettercream, and customers like them, but I find they don't crust as well, and a little difficult to pack for take out.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 10:10am
post #12 of 15

Ganache is great... chocolate and white chocolate. It's creamy and sets up firm enough for packing. icon_smile.gif

snarkybaker Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 4:04pm
post #13 of 15

I actually pop cupcakes in the blast freezer for about two minutes before boxing them. firms up the icing just enough to not make a mess while boxing.

crumbcake Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 6:05pm
post #14 of 15

Thanks for the freezer idea, I'll try that. I hope with everyones help, I can get this cupcake project on the road.

Thanks again,

ivgotahalo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivgotahalo Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 7:07am
post #15 of 15

snarkybaker, which display from your website are you talking about? I looked all over the sight and didn't find any perfume displays... What am i missing?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%