Urgent Cake Cooling Question--Help!!!

Decorating By PianoDiva Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 7:13pm by PianoDiva

PianoDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PianoDiva Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone,

Due to an overscheduled weekend I didn't make my daughter's birthday cake (she's TEN today!) until an hour ago. It's a 10" round, due out of the oven in about fifteen minutes. It is now 11 AM and I have to have it iced, decorated and delivered to her school in three hours!

I am wondering how I can speed up the cooling process so I can ice it without having the icing melt (icing is butter/Crisco/milk/vanilla) or deal with condensation on the cake. I was thinking of popping it in the freezer or fridge for a while. Or should I just give up and buy a bunch of cupcakes?

Panickingly yours,
PianoDiva

6 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 7

you can speed it up by putting it in the freezer or fridge. I don't normally do that, but I have and it will be fine.

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 7

Or put it in front of a fan but it needs to be on something so the air can move all around it.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 7

I almost always put mine in the freezer, b/c I don't decorate the same day I bake. Since it is going to be in for such a short time, I would recommend the freezer over the fridge. It will taste fineicon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 7

Yeah, freezer is fine. Done it lots of times.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 7

Freezer should do the trick,if it is winter i put mine in the freezing car outside and leave the windows down a bit,that's cos i never have space in my freezer.Works like magic.

PianoDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PianoDiva Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 7:13pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks, everyone! Crossing my fingers!

--PianoDiva

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%