Please, Need Help, Advice Or Information, Stephanotis Flower

Decorating By grannys3angels Updated 29 Mar 2009 , 1:11am by grannys3angels

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 5

Hello, could someone please give me any help on how to do the Stephanotis Flower. A video, thread, web site, tutorial, what tools are needed.

I have the 3 sizes, Stephanotis cutters...but I am not really sure how to do the flower. Some I have seen look like they have more a point to the tip of them http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1277822 these look like they may have been cut from a calyx cutter...but I could be wrong.

Some look like they have a more rounded tip, less pointed http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1314886....this pic is more of the look I am getting from my cutters.

I would be so greatful any help you could give me. Thanks for your time.

God Bless,
Sharon

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 5

Tutugirls's are the closest to perfecticon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 5

Have you ever done a witch hat flower??
There are a few ways of doing them!
Edna

grannys3angels Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 5

dunce.gif crazy me, didn't click on watch this topic for replys.

Yes, kakeladi this is the look I love the best also...but my cutters aren't giving me this look. So I don't know if I am not doing something right or if it is my cutter. It does so look alot like she may have used a calyx cutter. Which I tried that and they do look pretty, but I don't what say it's a stephanotis flower if it doesn't look like one

Edna, no sorry I haven't...I have not really done alot of flowers with fondant/gumpaste. A ribbon rose or 4/5 petal like drop flower is all I have ever done. I will be using your rose video to help when I do the roses.

Thank You both for your time and replys, I am greatful.
God Bless,
Sharon
Here is a photo of the cutters I have.
p.s. Edna, would that be the same as a Mexican Hat?
LL

grannys3angels Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 1:11am
post #5 of 5

Update: I had IM Margarita (aka- tutugirl), and ask how she did hers. She was very kind and share how she did her flower, and the tools she use to .

A huge Thank You! to Margarita, Kakeladi, Edna for your help and replys to my questions. You all have been very helpful to me and I am greatful for your time and the information. thumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%