Problem With Wasc

Decorating By Chef_Rinny Updated 25 Mar 2009 , 11:39pm by Chef_Rinny

Chef_Rinny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Rinny Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 5

My problem is I'm a scratch baker and I LOVE WASC! I'm addicted to it icon_surprised.gif

I'm trying to go into business and I want to go back to making scratch cakes, so I was wondering if anyone had a WASC recipe from scratch? I just can't seem to re-create it. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Hopefully one of you wonderful bakers out there can help me!

4 replies
Juds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 5

sorry I can't help but I'd love a scratch recipe aswell

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 5

I know what you mean, I have been on a search for a great white cake, haven't found one yet, I have finally come to the conclusion is why do I hate the idea of a doctored cake mix. A cake mix just has flour, sugar, levenings, flavorings, and some emuslifiers and preservatives, its just in one package, and adding all of the extra ingredients makes it your own. It just makes a more stable cake, and when you have to bake alot of cakes its nice to know they will turn out the same. I'm still open to a great white cake recipe, i'm just tired of trying things and not liking them.

goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 5

I found a recipe on here that I have used a few times with great results. It is nice and light, but you can stack it no problem. I have not used sourcream in place of milk but I am sure the recipe would still turn out. I have ment to try it. The only issue that I have with this recipe is that it is a little on the sweet side for me, but the sourcream might help with that. I use SMBC for filling and find it cuts the sweet from regular buttercream.

The recipe is from wilton.com and is just classic white wedding cake. I did find it posted on CC

Someone said, if its made at home...... its home made. I do both mix and scratch.

Chef_Rinny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Rinny Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:39pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks Goodiegoddess, I'll give that one a try!

I don't have anything against box mix, it's just that when I open my business (hopefully by the end of the summer) I personally don't feel right about selling cakes made with box mix.... just a personal thing.

There has got to be a way to make a good WASC from scratch! It's my mission to find one!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%