Wedding Cupcakes.. Is My Price Ok?

Baking By snoopy3 Updated 30 Mar 2009 , 4:54am by LaBellaFlor

snoopy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snoopy3 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 4

So I have been asked to do a wedding (it will be my 1st icon_biggrin.gif ) The bride wants 120 cupcakes (60 chocolate, 60 WASC) with a piped swirl of white buttercream. Then a black daisy and red daisy (overlapping) made of fondant on each cupcake as a topper. She also wants a 6" cake covered in fondant with a ribbon on the bottom and also fondant daisies on top. I have to rent the stand and set up also. So I was thinking $475 total ($2.75/cupcake, $40 for the cake, $70 rental (that is what I have to pay), and then $30 to deliver and set up). Do you think that this a fair price??

I am not so good when it comes to pricing.

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

3 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:01pm
post #2 of 4

It sounds great to me! Just be careful about the rental that you are renting to them. You might want to have them rent it from whoever it is so that you don't get stuck with any late charges or bills for any damage. It's just a thought. Or put something in your contract about it.

Ro40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ro40 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 1:12am
post #3 of 4

The cupcake price is good, but I would go up a little on the cake. Great info on the stand rental. I always require a deposit when I do weddings. I don't want to show up to pick up the stand and have it broken.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 4:54am
post #4 of 4

Great pricing! icon_biggrin.gif I would have them rent the stand as well. If not, then have them put a cash/blank money order for the double the value of the stand & an exact time of return. If they don't get it back or it's damaged, well they also bought a cupcake stand for their weding! ;P

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%