New Information About Michele's Fondant

Baking By Sugarflowers Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 5:17am by Sugarflowers

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 6:09am
post #1 of 5

Since there have been so many comments and questions about my recipe I decided to post an updated version of it. Instead of using a double boiler, I instruct how to use the microwave.

I have also included a couple of variations on the recipe as well as some basic fixes for achieving the proper consistency for fondant.

I'm sure there will be more questions, but I think I have covered the most asked and the most relevant. I will still try to keep up with all of the posts and do what I can to help.

I hope you like the new version: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7432-Michele-Fosters-Updated-Fondant.html

Michele

4 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 12:43pm
post #2 of 5

Thanks, Michele!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 5

You are so kind to do this! I hope this is a great help to everyone, and to YOU too, so we don't pepper you with questions we can now easily find the answers to icon_smile.gif. Thanks again!

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:50pm
post #4 of 5

Michelle,

What kind of cream are you referring to in your recipe? Is it heavy whipping cream, light cream, coffee cream, or does it not matter, as long as some type of liquid is used? Thanks. (Lisa)

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:17am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR64

Michelle,

What kind of cream are you referring to in your recipe? Is it heavy whipping cream, light cream, coffee cream, or does it not matter, as long as some type of liquid is used? Thanks. (Lisa)

Heavy whipping cream, 1/2 & 1/2, whole milk, non-dairy creamer - whatever you like. Just replace the cream with the same amount of any liquid (including water) that you like. I don't suggest using liquor because the alcohol will evaporate and change the amount of powdered sugar that will be needed. It also might be a tad strong. icon_rolleyes.gif

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%