Raspberry Filling

Decorating By christinashea Updated 24 Mar 2009 , 8:55pm by djs328

christinashea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christinashea Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 11:08am
post #1 of 13

Hi, I'm doing a cake this Saturday and the lady wants a white cake with a creamy(like a mousse or something) raspberry filling. I have never done this before and I was wondering if anyone had any recipes or suggestions. The only problem is that I need to assemble it the night before and decorate it the next day. What holds up? I have to deliver the cake by 12 and the party is from 1-3. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.-

12 replies
flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 11:54am
post #2 of 13

You can mix raspberry filling into your BC icing. Just add enough 'til you think it tastes good.
I tried using jam once, but personally thought it made it too sweet compared to the filling.

Peet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peet Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 13

I mix the raspberry puree (CC recipe) with my SMBC and it tastes wonderfull. I usually add two layers, one with fruit puree and one layer with the mixed SMCB.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 13

Raspberry Mousse
Stir seedless raspberry jam to "loosen" it. Fold into stabilized whipped cream.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 13

I don't like pure "mousse" fillings... because they cause a cake to settle more. I like thick fillings, so I do a white chocolate raspberry (mock) mousse. I make a whipped white chocolate ganache and mix in raspberry puree. If I want something a little lighter, I will whip up some Pastry Pride (or bettercreme?) and fold it in. It's light and airy, yet thick enough that your cake won't settle.

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 13

Here's a recent posting on this topic:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-623566.html
It contains a few more ideas, too.
HTH

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:44pm
post #7 of 13
Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:59pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGanache

I don't like pure "mousse" fillings... because they cause a cake to settle more. I like thick fillings, so I do a white chocolate raspberry (mock) mousse. I make a whipped white chocolate ganache and mix in raspberry puree. If I want something a little lighter, I will whip up some Pastry Pride (or bettercreme?) and fold it in. It's light and airy, yet thick enough that your cake won't settle.

That white chocolate mousse with raspberries sounds heavenly!!! I must remember that one!!!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 8:11pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinashea

Hi, I'm doing a cake this Saturday and the lady wants a white cake with a creamy(like a mousse or something) raspberry filling. I have never done this before and I was wondering if anyone had any recipes or suggestions. The only problem is that I need to assemble it the night before and decorate it the next day. What holds up? I have to deliver the cake by 12 and the party is from 1-3. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.-

indeed this is identical to my posting last week, do check the thread out the first link given above; lots of Yummy ideas and recipes! i too had a white cake,raspberry filling order (it was cancelled, my friend didn't know her mom was going to make the cake- mixed communications)

SS385Monte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SS385Monte Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 8:13pm
post #10 of 13

I really like the rasberry filling on here from 2boysmom. It's a tub of cool whip, a block of cream cheese and a jar of Palmer's rasberry all fruit. Quick, easy and yummy!

steph1005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph1005 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 8:14pm
post #11 of 13

2 12 ounce packages of frozen raspberries (not packed in syrup)

1 1/3 cups water

1 1/2-2 cups granulated sugar (or to taste. 2 cups will be pretty sweet)

2 T of lemon juice (optional)

5-6 T of cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup of water

In a saucepan combine the raspberries, water, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the raspberries have broken down. Remove the mixture from the heat and strain with a fine mesh sieve. Return the stained mixture to the heat. Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/2 cup of water. Whisk the slurry into the raspberry mixture. Bring the mixture back to a boil and simmer for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool completely. It will take awhile to set up. It will thicken like a jelly.

WHEN IT COOLS, FOLD IT IN TO WHIPPED CREAM. iT IS SOOOOO CREAMY AND SOOO GOOD!

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 8:26pm
post #12 of 13

This is from ladycakes.com:

Raspberry Mousse Filling

1 1/2 envelops unflavored gelatin
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 cup whipped cream
2 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 packs frozen thawed raspberries
2 Tablespoon raspberry liqueur

In small sauce pan, sprinkle gelatin over water, let stand 5 minutes to soften. puree berries and remove seeds make about 2 cups. Add puree berries to separate sauce pan. Add sugar and lemon juice, cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Stir in liqueur, transfer to large bowl. Over low heat, heat gelatin until dissolved, stir into raspberry mixture. Chill stirring occasionally over larger bowl of ice and water for about 20 minutes or until consistency of raw egg whites. Add whipped cream into chilled mixture.

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 8:55pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Raspberry Mousse
Stir seedless raspberry jam to "loosen" it. Fold into stabilized whipped cream.

Ditto that...you can also add some LorAnn raspberry oil. Def use stabilized whipped cream though - and cake will require fridge, too...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%