New To Airbrushing, What Airbrush System To Start With?

Decorating By cheffie Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 1:32pm by cheffie

cheffie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheffie Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:23am
post #1 of 5

Hello I have never airbrushed before, but want to start. Which system would be good for a beginner to start with. From what I have read I should start with a unit that has 1-30 psi.Is that correct? And which brand stands out and why? Also money is a consideration, I have $150-$250 to spend. Thank you Cheffie icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Kim040508 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim040508 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:42am
post #2 of 5

Hi cheffie, I just recently bought a Kopykake, Airmaster. The air flow can be adjusted to go from 0-20 psi. I've only used it a few times but, I really like it and it's easy to clean. That makes it very easy to switch colors. I ordered mine online from cakes by Sam. www.cakesbysam. It was $229.00 plus shipping and handling, which is of course, different depending on where you live. I hope this helps!

Kim

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 5
cheffie Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 5

Sorry it took so long to respond. Thank you for the info and the link, will check it out. Cheffie icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

cheffie Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:32pm
post #5 of 5

I was looking online and saw a Powercat Deluxe gravity feed airbrush system. Has anyone ever used this brand or heard anything about them and if so how was it. Thank you Cheffie icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%