Cupcakes - Cost Vs. Retail

Business By nolee Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 12:15am by sweetcravings

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 9:57pm
post #31 of 40

lol tita...well..lets say this...the person apologize...I take that..
And tita...you can stalk me anytime!...icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:12pm
post #32 of 40

Well Edna,

She did re-sign up under another name and apologized on another thread for being rude but it was locked before I could respond.I don't forget and it will be awhile before I intend to respond to any of her pleas for help etc.

I've been a member in this community for along time and I really can't stand back and see fellow decoraters treated that way from someone who obviously needs to grow up!!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:01pm
post #33 of 40

Don't tempt me Edna, you'll see my face pressed up against the glass of your job when I go visit the children in Florida...then you'll act like you don't know me. LOL!

tonedna Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 11:10pm
post #34 of 40

lol...I m going to slave you to work for free then!. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:29am
post #35 of 40

I also get 12.00 per dozen, after figuring my costs, it takes me 2 minutes to ice and sprinkle 2 dozen, given that , I make 20.88 per hour, or 167.24 per day, since that calculates to 836.20 per week, I'.ll do cupcakes all day long for that. Cupcakes are a simple way to increase your profits. Of course these are just the standard cuppies. If I get fancier requests the price goes up but my time is roughly the same, I just make more. I am in a rural area, my shop is free and clear and I can bake 400 cuppies in one pass, I use large mixers for my batter and icing and use a 24inch pastry bag. I say get what you think is a fair price given your area and situation.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:07pm
post #36 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

That will last all of 2 minutes. You'll be too freaked out by me staring at you in admiration while I'm kneading fondant.

Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:24pm
post #37 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

Quote:

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

That will last all of 2 minutes. You'll be too freaked out by me staring at you in admiration while I'm kneading fondant.

I would LOVE to go to work with Edna for a day! That would be the coolest! thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 7:26pm
post #38 of 40

Oh please...you guys have beautiful work...But the thought of hanging out as fellow decorators is always nice!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

tahoengirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tahoengirl Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 11:44pm
post #39 of 40

I myself live in Los Angeles and some places sell their cupcakes for $3. I myself sell mine for $2. One reason is I sell the jumbo size cupcakes and they are Red Velvet. I do pretty well. I have different flavor for my cream cheese frosting that no one else has. I always get compliments on it.By the way I live in a rough part of L.A. and people complain about the price sometime but once they take that first bite they complain no more and see them again often.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:15am
post #40 of 40
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

cakeandbakehelper888....

I see that you are new here...However being snide and making assumptions that the Original poster, or any other person in this community or otherwise, who bakes and decorates cakes for money is basically robbing people by what they charge is an extremely Rude asssumption to make. Maybe you should think about what you are typing beforehand.....and Yah...If you could get $30.00 a dozen for cupcakes then I would say Good for You!! ...Not.. "Why don't you just mug someone!!!" I mean really icon_rolleyes.gif

This lady is here to create problems....you can read this post to see it for yourself icon_lol.gif
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6308749.html#6308749

Edna thumbs_up.gif

I dunno what's going on here in CC lately...so many nasty/rude newbies. Maybe it's all the same person. I've noticed many only have a few posts, no pics, and are full of opinions ready to stir up sh!t. I've noticed several are from the same place too. hmmmm trolls perhaps.
It's so not nice. Especially since this is generally a place of support and information. It's ok to voice difference of opinion but it's all in how you word things. Crazy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%