Airbrush Problems

Decorating By sunlover00 Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 3:02am by sunlover00

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 4

To any seasoned airbrush persons out there....my airbrush suddenly acts like it is clogged up and I cannot unclog it! The air moves through just fine, but the color will not come out or it comes out in tiny bursts. If I tap the bottom of the airbrush it comes out a bit more.

I have disassembled it, cleaned it, and reassembled but there is no change.

Also, there are bubbles coming up into the bowl.

Any ideas???? I need to fix ASAP! Thanks!!!

3 replies
Carlcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlcake Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 4

I'm having the same problem and it's very annoying. I have to stop working for an hour to try to get the airbrush working. I have the Kopycake airbrush. I clean it religiously and thoroughly every time I use it so there is no reason it should be clogged.

I have dissassembled and reassembled several times and used lots of airbrush cleaner. Reassembling a kopycake is not quick and easy either. That little piece that fits behind the trigger is a royal pain. Finally after all that, it works again.

I'm so disgusted with it that I'm replacing it with the Aztek 4709. As a matter of fact, I'm buying it today at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon. I posted in this forum asking which Aztek to buy, the basic or the set, but got no response yet. I guess I will buy the set.

I don't have an answer for you but am interested in hearing the resolution if any and what airbrush you are using.

Thanks.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 4

sounds like you need to clean the nozzle.. that teeny tiny teeny tiny little needle thing that screws into the end. (not the long needle that goes down the middle of the gun)
You need to screw the nozzle cap off, then use the wrench provided to get the teeny nozzle off, clean and replace. you should have illustrated instructions for cleaning it in the box.

HTH

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 3:02am
post #4 of 4

I'll try again....had it all apart once except the trigger mechanism.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%